first day with p95

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pajuni

Bearcat
so ive had the gun awhile but didnt have a chance to shoot it :cry: but today was the first day i could fire it. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! :D :D what a great gun!! look forward to shooting it alot more!

SteveSatch

Single-Sixer
Forget the Hogue Handall. Buy a $3 bike tire inner tube and cut a few inches off of it. You'll have a thinner grip than the Hogue and enough tube left over for a dozen more.

Mr_banjo2

Bearcat
awesome idea, any pics of how this looks? i imagine you could make a custom shape grip, make it look more tailored to the p95 handle. I always through those hogue grips looked a bit generic and half finished.

Good idea, ill have to give it a try, but post a pic if thats what u did!

I took my two stainless P95 decocks with me to my gun club today... I had planned to shoot my two ARs on the rifle range but there were too many folks there so I ended up at the pistol range all by myself... put about 60 rounds though them... from 50-30 feet... not one round I fired would not have been 'center mass' if the shot had been important.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Congrats on your new P95. I hope that you enjoy yours as much as I have mine during the last 6,500+ rounds.

Must be my hands, but I like the grip in the P95 just the way it is... both the old smooth one and the new textured, a little better.

With that in mind, a guy on the forum a while back showed how he textured his older model using a solder gun...

I did put one of the Hogue condoms on my Walther PPK and it made a world of difference.

SteveSatch

Single-Sixer
I've never felt the newer P95s, but I own a couple of the older style (one even has the old decocker lever with dog ears) and they are just too slippery for me without the innertube. I've tried the Hogue and while it feels nice it never stays tight enough.

Mr_banjo2

Bearcat
Steve i'm a week away from ordering a p95, my first handgun / gun!

I too am thinking even with the stippling on the grip that a rubber sleve may be better.

Your innertube idea sounds genius! I'm thinking you could customize the shape, rather than having the generic shape that in my opinion looks to plain.

Anyway, ill be sure to try this and post the pics if i feel i need extra grip, but in the mean time, i'd love to see yours.

Any tips on size of innertube etc?

GhosT

Blackhawk
Pajuni,
Congrats on joining the P95 owners.
Mine is old school, pre-rail.

Bought it long ago(late 1990's), never failed to fire.
One of my most trusted house guns.

Don't write off what GATO said...
"Put a Hogue Handall on it -- You'll love it even more!"
Cost is small,improvement GREAT!

Only other thing I added is MEPRO nite sites...
Bought new back then....
They are past the expiration date...yet still bright,going strong.

A Fun gun at the range, and as I consider the 9mm THE MINIMAL round for self defense glad I chose the P95 to deliver it! :)

speaking of 9mm.... I realized the other day that my .380 cal Sig kicks more than my P95... my Walther PPK is even worse... so when someone is looking for a defensive handgun and less recoil... I would go for a good size 9mm way before a compact .380

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Pajuni ... I'd give a big ole +1 on the Hogue grip as well. I put one on mine shortly after I bought it and like it alot. I took it off once about a year ago to see if it really made a difference ... and at least for me, it dose (it think it's the finger grooves)!
P95_1.jpg

fez

Bearcat
Blume you hit the nail right on the head.When these sub and micro ccw pistols started coming out they came with a new set of handling and ammo characteristics.They are more difficult to control and many first time shooters/buyers do not always realize this.