First 32 SA (pics now)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
I, ve been wanting a 32 SA for awhile but just didn,t have the funds for one. I got my taxes done today and my tax guy put a big smile on my face and my first thought was SR9c but their not in CA. yet. Well I was going over to Turners (CA. sporting goods chain) to buy some bulk 22 that was on sale and as usual I went over to the consignment case and sitting there was a Ruger Single Six 32 5 1/2" in blue with the black SR wood grips, asked to see and found it to be in excellant condition, just a turn ring on the cyl and one small spot of blue wearing off the barrel tip. It looked like it was almost unfired. Unfortunately no box or paper work. Price $300 I thought that was fair for CA. because I,ve seen them go for $400 to $450 at gun shows and other stores so I said I,ll take it, bad thing is I have to wait until 3/11 to DROS it and then 10 days more before I can pick it up (#*@! CA.). Sorry I don,t know why but they wouldn,t let me take any pics. Now all I have to do is find ammo, I did check the ser # and found it to be a 1986 MFG, Dusterman

Why the wait till 3-11 to do the dros? Have you bought another gun in the last 30 days?? I buy the gun, do the paper work and ten days later pick it up.
You only have ten months left to by ammo online or out of state. I'd get into reloading.
Ten-x is just down the road from you, give them a call or go online.
Yes, great buy and great caliber to shoot.
Have fun. Eric

jazzman

Single-Sixer
One of my favorites, in fact I have two of them. One was like yours without the box or paperwork and I also paid 300.00. The other one is an earlier model new never fired with box, outer sleeve, paperwork, etc. for which I paid almost double that. I have not fired that one, not sure if I will as I also have a sp101 in 327 and a Marlin 1894 32 mag cowboy rifle. Can you tell I like those 32's. Good luck and have fun with yours,

Jim

Single-Sixer
That's a great price for that gun, California or not. I have the same configuration and dearly love it. .32's are an easy reload and you can load a huge range of power in the Single-Six.

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
Thanks guys, first the gun had just been put out so CA. law 30 day check to make sure it was not stolen on had been used in a crime. I have been wanting a 32 so I would have a mid range caliber , I have 3 single six 22s cheap and lots of fun and then I jump way up to my Vaquero 44 MAG fun to shoot but not so cheap and hard on the hands after awhile. I do want to get into reloading like everything else its a financial thing because I would like to get some good reloading equipment. I have been saving my brass from the 44 and my GP100 so at least I,m getting a start on reloading. 3 weeks wait is going to be tough but at least I can pick up some ammo for it, thanks again, Dusterman

gak

Buckeye
Great find. I too had one in the same exact configuration--one of the first in 1984. Let it go a long time ago and regret it, but now enjoy a trio of fixed sight "Vaqueritos." You're going to have a blast. Great cartridge, great gun.

contender

Ruger Guru
Dusterman,, by all means,, start looking at reloading,, even if you have to scrimp & save, do extra work,, sell something on sleezbay etc to get the necessary stuff.
It'll make you enjoy shooting more,, you'll spend less per shot,, (especially after you have the brass,) so you'll be able to afford to shoot more often.
Shop yard sales, flea markets, trade papers etc to find deals on good reloading equipment. I have found stuff like that quite often.

gak

Buckeye
Georgia Arms is another and one of the best. They "reload" using all new components--guess that more accurately means they "load." They make 100 gr target and jhp loads and amongst commercialy available "new ammo" offerings are the bees knees and are reasonably priced. They're a very nice "warm" load that's a full step up from the typically milder factory stuff. Like a lot of folks, I see they're back-ordered last - I checked a week ago; worth a call occasionally to update.

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
Well I finally got to pick up my 32 today. I was ready with ammo and after I picked up the 32 I went over to the indoor range I use that is close to where I bought the gun and went through 4 cyls (all I could do had to get to work) I used 32 H&R MAG 90 grain and loved it. At 10 yards this gun was fairly accurate (for me shooting) and I was impressed I now know that I will be enjoying this gun for many years to come and looking to pick up a few more when money allows. Here are a couple of pics I do know one I thing I need to buy a camera before I get that next gun (yea lets see if that happens lol) Dusterman
0325001204.jpg

0325001205a.jpg

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
Nice gun, good price. My SMM9 is the most accurate of all my Rugers, or it's the one I shoot best, one or the other. Fun to shoot too.

Dana

WARD

Single-Sixer
NICE! I truly enjoy the 32's - wife and I are up to four now. Two with fixed sights and two with adjustable. I recently placed an order for 500 rounds of brass so you get the idea how much we enjoy these guys.....

They are way more than a 22 and yet fairly cheap to reload and little recoil to contend with.

You'll be happy.

Ward

32magfan

Blackhawk
That is a nice one. Beware, the little buggers breed in my safe. One SSM in 1985 has sprouted into a 32 S&W Long , several more 32Mags and a couple of 327's.

Reloading is another critter altogether, but definitelty recommended. Get a good supply of 115-118gr lead bullets for the 32-20 or a bullet mold for it.

Good luck with your new baby. Careful more don't follow you home.

Thanks,

32Magfan

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
Thanks everybody, 32magfan to late on the warning I have 3 single six 22s I remember buying the first one but can,t figure out where the other 2 came from (lol). As for more following me home there,s a gun show out here this weekend and I,m afraid to go because I just got my tax refund and I just might be followed home by some kind of Ruger :roll: Thanks again, Dusterman