Firearms inventory management software

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tommygun

Single-Sixer
I am exploring the purchase of a firearms inventory management software package in order to keep track of my guns and collection. Does anyone have experince with them?

contender

Ruger Guru
I haven't tried any of them. I just created my own spreadsheet. Since Ruger collecting has specific things we look for, it was easy to create a custom spreadsheet with the info a collector would want to know.

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Try www.nmcollector.net, it's a software for your purpose. I have an older version, but need to upgrade so I can use it on Windows 8, mines for 95 through XP, pretty old. They currently have versions for mobile stuff like Androids and I phones , plus MACS and Linux.
HH

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
I use an Excel spreadsheet for a basic listing of my pieces, but with the software I mentioned you can attach photos right into each listing. Plus, it has accommodations for a lot of info that would make a spreadsheet just about too big, at least width wise, but I'm no expert on spreadsheets, my wife helped me set mine up, but whatever turns your crank.
HH

98_1LE

Single-Sixer
Excel also. The current spreadsheet was created in 2004, has a tab for each gun, S/N, often the cost, and round counts.

lipofsky

Single-Sixer
Would someone be willing to share the excel spreadsheet, (with important facts such as $$ and ##'s removed or altered of course)
Thank you

tommygun

Single-Sixer
I just purchased MyGunDB after playing with the free trial version. I'm impressed. Can be used for FFL bound book requirements but is great for collectors. Allows you to upload pictures of each gun as well as lots of data. Will be great for insurance purposes and for the uniformed family members. Price $44.95 I am just starting to enter all the info. TG

JoeFirearms1911

Bearcat
We use a gun software / firearms software that provides gun inventory software tracking (acquisition and disposition) and FFL tracking. The system is called Elliott Firearms Software. We've used the solution for years and it handles all our needs. It's a complete ERP Gun Software with BATF Tracking.

http://www.elliott.com/Pages/gun_distribution.htm

JCCVaquero

Bearcat
I purchased a multiple year license to BlueBookGuns and have used that since. Before that I used MS Excel

It allows you attach photos, It will also assign their values based on your grading. Custom grades and values must upgraded by you manually.

I figured I would use it since I decieded to stop buying the books or cd based software.

Now I can access value before I make the buy. I am still a rookie, so I am not sure that I have made any better deals yet. When I want it for my collection and that is really I look for, I WANT IT.