Fingergroove Sporter - Back together again...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A bit of a story on this one, but I'll keep it short. Several years ago a fellow forum member listed a 10/22 fingergroove sporter "project" which was the stock, receiver and barrel. So it was missing the bolt, trigger group and magazine. The project parts offered were in pretty nice shape and I had the other parts to make it whole so I bought it, but didn't work on it right away. A few months later I happened to be browsing ebay (not something I do a lot of, but for some reason looked on that day) and saw a 10/22 trigger group, magazine and other parts with a tag attached which referenced the exact fingergroove Canadian Centennial receiver which I had picked up here!! I punched the "buy it now" button and received the parts in short order. The ejector was broken, and missing a spring and couple of pins but otherwise complete - plus the magazine was the early type, correct for the gun.

Well, years pass with other higher priorities, but I finally got around to putting it together. Not perfect condition but a pretty cool shooter and you can't beat a fingergroove sporter 10/22!

Edited to add: the forum member I bought the project from didn't have the remaining parts. He had bought the project receiver/stock at a sale and was passing it along.
IMG_1473 trigger group.jpg
IMG_2604 (2).JPG
IMG_2605 (2).JPG

Last edited: