Finally - Wranglers with different barrel lengths

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Wasp

🇺🇸
I think these are all great. Love my birdshead. These would be great as a gift for family or as a "boys pistol". I want another one. 😆

I wish they'd slow down and make more single sixes.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
It can be easily accomplished, worst part is sourcing a SS6 hammer

Attachments

• IMG_20201208_204501_340.jpg
    IMG_20201208_204501_340.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 120

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
I'm pretty happy with my current 3 Wranglers, and one of those 7.5" versions is definitely on my to buy list...But, I'd still love to see some adjustable sight models introduced as well.

I have one Wrangler. I'll Bisley frame it, but I don't see myself getting another. The price is nice, but it's no Single Six. I just have a hard time justifying putting $400 worth of modifications on a $200 gun. Doing the same to a Single Six still pencils out. Who knows. Once I Gussie up my Wrangler I might change my mind.

I would like to see some other Cerakote options. The black "Elite" Cerakote is semi- glossy and matches Ruger's current bluing quite well. I did a Blackhawk grip frame in it and it came out great.
1538A5B1-3089-44AE-B4F9-EAB3A936C2F5.jpeg

Last edited:

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Good thing about putting money into upgrades on a Wrangler is dosn't need to be permanent. Pull the parts off and install on something else if you desire. Sure the SS6 has some size specific parts, but a lot of other parts work on any Ruger SA.

Two questions? My Wrangler is the 2 tone silver and black. Has anyone bead blasted the alloy receiver to Cerakote a different color? How did it hold up, especially in the lettering area? And, has anyone confirmed that the Wrangler uses the same trigger as all other Ruger single actions like the Single Six?

Rocdoc

Buckeye
All new model triggers swap in or out, Wrangler on up. The one thing I dislike about the Wrangler is the odd looking hammer and trigger, I swap in a SS6 hammer when they are apart, and a new trigger.