finally shot an sr9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jitt

Bearcat
my buddy picked one up at a local store for $437 out the door...he just got his license so he was looking for a good comfortable carry gun so i helped him pick it out tho he really wanted a bigger caliber i convinced him that first he needs to learn about how a firearm functions,how to diagnose issues,and of course how to stay safe at all times...that and he needs to lose a few before tryin to hide a .45 sig...lol...so after i taught him how to field strip and clean off to the range we went!...fired about 150 rounds of wwb and 50 or so rounds of magtech hp and jsp and had only one ftf due to a bad primer...second strike and still didn't go off...other than that the weapon performed flawless and was suprisingly accurate out of the box...my buddy was all over the place but i managed 3" groups at 25 feet!!!...all headshots!...soory for the long winded post i just wanted to share my experience with the sr9c tho i know alot of people have been having problems i just wanted to let everyone know i think it's a fine weapon and i'm thinking about geetin' one to compliment my kp345.....i love rugers man!

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
All I have to say is go for it. I can hardly wait for the SR9c to get to CA. I know I,ll be one of the first to get one thats for sure. Dusterman

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
jitt wrote:

" i know alot of people have been having problems i just wanted to let everyone know i think it's a fine weapon "

I would not conclude that a lot of people are having trouble with the SR9C, based on one or two threads on this forum. It remains to be seen whether or not it's a good firearm.

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow, and I hope to wring it out on Wednesday. Will let you all know how it goes.

pb

jitt

Bearcat
i can agree with that...and the only reason i mentioned it was bcuz i showed him the forum before he went out and bought it and was slightly skeptical being that this was his first firearm but i told him all firearms can have issues even anything that comes out of a cnc machine can be out of spec so just get what you like...he liked the sr9c and frankly so did i...hope yours works perfect buckshot! :wink:

moxcamel

Bearcat
buckshotshorty":mf1aelp4 said:
jitt wrote:

" i know alot of people have been having problems i just wanted to let everyone know i think it's a fine weapon "

I would not conclude that a lot of people are having trouble with the SR9C, based on one or two threads on this forum. It remains to be seen whether or not it's a good firearm.

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow, and I hope to wring it out on Wednesday. Will let you all know how it goes.

pb
As I understand it, some people are having problems with the SR9, not the SR9C, correct? After jamming on 3 shells on the first 10 rounds through my SR9C, I've had zero problems with the other 290 rounds. :)

CBennett

Single-Sixer
ive never complained till I got between 200-300 rounds through it(meaning any NEW gun im breaking in)..by then you should know if you have a keeper or not.