finally set my 10/22, WOW!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
I bought a stainless 10/22 a few months back and a Simmons 3-9x32 22 mag scope. was offered a trade from a friend for a mossberg 22 but decided to keep my Ruger. Finally got around to setting the scope and I am amazed, this thing is as accurate as my step dads old Marlin 60. After setting I am able to keep shots cutting into each other at 25 yards, at 50 yards I had 1/2 inch or less groups with shots still cutting into each other. I am gonna try 75 and 100 yards soon but I am real happy and with squirrel season going through February, I am gonna try and get a few for the skillet. I may still get a bolt gun but I ain't in no hurry.

woodsy

Blackhawk
I'm not surprised, having gotten a version close to yours. I am convinced that most of the after-market "accurizing " tasks (on 10/22's) which untold number of people have done are not really necessary. Some people just need to learn how to aim and shoot.

woodsy said:
I'm not surprised, having gotten a version close to yours. I am convinced that most of the after-market "accurizing " tasks (on 10/22's) which untold number of people have done are not really necessary. Some people just need to learn how to aim and shoot.

+1 ;)

Agree, most of the complaints of inaccuracy have some basis in poor optics and/or inadequate shooting skills.
I have an 'older' 10/22 that while I've owned it has suffered through 3 barrel swaps, 2 triggers, and 2 stock changes(none due to mechanical issues-just changing parts to get what I wanted). I'll bet paper money on it putting bullets where aimed 100%.