finally I have a Red Label

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rgwarren

Bearcat
I love my Red Label. It is a 20ga. with 26" barrel..I am wanting another one with the english stock..

mattsbox99

Hunter
I started with a 20 gauge with 26" barrels and recently acquired a 28 gauge with 28" barrels, it is a fantastic shooter and slimmer and lighter than the 20 gauge. I would like a 12 gauge but that is going to wait for a while.

VAdoublegunner

Single-Sixer
Excellent shotguns. I have a 20ga with 28" barrels and a pistol grip stock. It has been my small gauge clays gun for many, many years and got carried afield often. It's a good field gun, but I find the english stocked Gold Label actually carries better for me these days. I'm shooting a load not too far off from a heavy 20 in it anyway, but at higher velocity. I think a 20ga english stocked Red Label in 26" would be a great quail gun, or a 28" 28ga for that matter!

I shoot my 28" 28 with pg stock best of any of my shotguns, better usually than my GL 12. But we need to use steel in many parts of CA, so the 28 mainly gets used on clays. Wish I could afford bismuth, but I usually can't .