Finally got my new toy.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chris1

Bearcat
I purchased this from my local gun store quite some time ago. It was a trade in to them. I had to wait 2 weeks to pick it up while they waited for the police check on the serial number to come back. While waiting I picked up some extra mags and have been looking for a holster for the gun. She sure is a tank. I can't wait to shoot her. I have large hands and with the hogues that I also ordered, It feels excellent in my hands. This is one of the guns that everyone should have. I can't help but admiring the overkill of the construction of this firearm. Anyway I wouldn't leave you without pictures as that would be unfair.

P896.jpg

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
Nice looking gun. I think you need more magazines! :D

Chris1":vj8fnxwx said:
I had to wait 2 weeks to pick it up while they waited for the police check on the serial number to come back.
Jeez, what state are you in that imposes such idiocy on you? John Lott proves the case that imposing purchase delays costs lives. He's got documented cases where people being threatened by stalkers or domestic violence have been killed while waiting for a mandatory purchase delay to clear.

fez

Bearcat
Some states require a waiting period on anything purchased from a customer directly.Jewlery,steroes,tv's,guns etc.To make sure they are not on a stolen list.Even traded item.Per my son the LEO.

Chris1

Bearcat
I am in FL and if you have your ccw permit(which i do) there is no wait at all, but the store where I bought it from does police checks on all used guns that they get in to make sure that they aren't stolen. Since this one had only been at the store for a eay when I bought it, I had quite a while to wait. She's here now though. As far as it costing me my life due to not being armed, I have several others that are on carry/HD/vehicle duty. As to the number of magazines, I don't like to have less than 5 magazines for any gun I own and I prefer an even dozen. I actually bought the magazines before I had the gun!

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
Chris1":1xfx0xxh said:
As far as it costing me my life due to not being armed, I have several others that are on carry/HD/vehicle duty.
I was not saying that you were personally in danger from a waiting period, I was saying I believe that a state-mandated waiting period is poor public policy.

I didn't read it as a waiting period as we know it... but a check on the gun to see if it had been stolen... must have just come into the store / pawn shop.

I think you need to get rid of those two aftermarket mags... they just don't sit well with the rest... send them to me, I'll email you my mailing address. :)

GhosT

Blackhawk
Chris1,
Loved the pic but never named the gun model!
Think reading the manual cover a P89.maybe just my monitor , but hard to read.

---safety, not a decocker model.
10 outta 12 magazines RUGER FACTORY...
The factory mags do work best!

Know the Grips,
My P91DC used to wear the same HOGUE GRIPS, and they are GOOD!

My P91DC also has the lanyard loop. A tad outdated function wise,
but JMHO gives it a sense of style ;)

Hope yours turned out as accurrate and reliable as mine.

wildturk

Single-Sixer
blume357":1mgoo99k said:
I didn't read it as a waiting period as we know it... but a check on the gun to see if it had been stolen... must have just come into the store / pawn shop.

I think you need to get rid of those two aftermarket mags... they just don't sit well with the rest... send them to me, I'll email you my mailing address. :)

Those 2 mags look like the early factory Ruger magazines. My first P89 came with two just like that. 15 rounders too...