Finally got a Single Six 32 H&R Magnum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

UnderDawgAl

Bearcat
Just received the below gun from Bud's Gun Shop. It's s/n 650-300XX, made in 1989, and has a 6 1/2" barrel. No box or docs. I've been wanting one of these since the late 80's. I've really been looking the last couple of years, but the ones in good shape that I found were priced too high for my taste.

Here's the pic that was posted on Bud's website.
Ruger%2035732.jpg

Click here to link to Bud's description, if you're interested.

The gun's in good shape. There are a few small scratches on the grip frame and one on the front of the trigger guard. The loading gate, as you can see, has turned plum.

Now, if I can just find some 32 mag or 32 Long brass. Starline is already backordered for awhile (May 31 for the mag, and mid-March for the longs). Anybody willing to part with 50-75 rounds of brass for a fair price? :D

BlkHawk73

Hunter
You'll love that little gun. Put off getting one until a year ago and then fell into two in a short time frame. Prefer the 6 1/2" look but got 5 1/2" models instead.
Try GunBroker or Auction Arms for brass but even still, be prepared to pay. Think long-term usage though. not gonna load 'em hot so the caes should last. :)

peyton

Single-Sixer
Good deal on that. I just got this one from new mexico. It is on the way to my FFL. I think Ruger really got it right with the 32 mag single six!

singlesix32magnum.jpg

Think long-term usage though. not gonna load 'em hot so the caes should last.

Why not? Not everybody loads the .32 Magnum to factory specs. Specs that were developed with some weak breaktop revolvers in mind. You can load a Sierra 90 JHC bullet over a full load of AA #7 and get some amazing numbers. Still with basically no recoil and some great terminal performance. I've killed a lot of small and medium vermin around my 90 acres with that load and my 4 5/8ths SS.

Gregg

flatgate

Hawkeye
I load my .32's with 115 gr. cast bullets over a "full" case of W-296.

357573210.jpg

Oh, yeah, I've tinkered on the guns a bit, as well..........

flatgate

mickeyboat

Bearcat
Between the wife and I we have 6 of the adjustable sight 32s and a pair of the fixed rear sight 32s (so called baby Vaqueros). We shoot about 5000 rounds a year through them using 32 S&W Long brass. We usually shoot 100 g bullets but sometimes 78 and up to 118 g bullets. Cowboy Action Shooting has run the price of these 32s up a whole bunch in last few years. I modified the fixed sight guns by adding Vaquero grip frames so all of the guns have the same size grip fames. All have Eagle gunfighter grips with thin checkered panels.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
I bought a new H&R with a 3 digit serial number as soon at they came out. Unfortunatekly sold that and immediately bought the single six in 4 5/8. I kept that luckily although I have shot it a lot I have kept it nearly like new. Last year a friend wanted to dump a 5 1/2 right before a gun show so I bought it cheap. ($250) Now I have two. Now I can enjoy one and have another for my son when he gets a bit older.

sebtool

Blackhawk
Buncha damn show-offs.... :x :x :x

OK, just kidding. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Honest. :wink:

The 5-1/2" Single Six 32 mag is 1 I've been lusting after for awhile now. The timing never seems to be right... :(
Someday.

The day after Ed Mcmahon shows up with 1 of them big checks with my name on it I guarantee I'll have 1!:lol:

Verrry nice iron fellas.

UnderDawgAl

Bearcat
Thanks for all the pics and responses, guys. My wife and I went out of town for the weekend right after starting this thread. I'll post a few pics of my own within a day or two.

Looking forward to casting some boolits and shootin' this thang!