Finally got a resting place for my lettered .45 brassie

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Got the gun from ACRYLICTNK last summer and it's just been sitting in a generic box since then. Just found a box for a 4 5/8's inch one, with the shipper, wax paper, and paperwork, plus a cylinder bag, as it was for a convertible, but it all works for my gun just fine. Damn, if I could figure out how to take that "X" off the shipper and put on an inked "B", get rid of the W/ 45 ACP cylinder, and change the serial # from 15662 to 19619 (it's just in pencil), I'd be in business, but guess I'll keep it as is; too much trouble. Like it is, the shipper protects the nearly perfect box, so I'm happy. Now, what to do with the cylinder bag, I just bought two of J.Miller's copys for my shooters, guess I'll just wait till I come into possesion something that needs one.
380980460.jpg

HH

contender

Ruger Guru
Nice to get mostly what you needed!
Now,, about that shipper,,, I could use one of those myself,, and since it doesn't go with that gun like it should,,,,!

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Thanks everybody, for the kind and encouraging words, this is the best I've got in my meager collection or accumulation. It pales in comparison to some of the outstanding stuff that's been displayed on these pages recently, but it satisfies my "itch" somewhat. I keep trying, and Contender, who knows I may find a convertible one of these days if I get lucky and have the $'s at the right time. Shipper's are hard to come by.
HH

Chance

Buckeye
Don't let HH BS you with that "in my meager collection or accumulation". He showed up at my house around Thanksgiving with multiple carrying cases packed with some of the nicest Rugers it has been my pleasure to handle. He just kept pulling out pristine gun after pristine gun.

Good find HH.

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Well, WMG, I'll tell 'ya, I never dreamed I'd get any kind of brass grip framed gun due to both the scarceness and cost, but things seemed to click at the right time. I sold a Browning BPCR at a gun show the week before I got it, plus some other stuff I didn't need and had the cash; and then ACRYLICTNK offered it up and I jumped. And to think, when you could buy them over the counter, I thought it made the Ruger look too much like a spahgetti clone and wouldn't have bought one on a bet; dumb butt me, plus I was trying to collet Winchesters back then.
And Chance, WMG's post illustrates why I say meager, he only needs two pieces to complete the whole set of brass grip framed guns and I would need 7 or 8 I think. That's the difference between substantial and meager I guess, but it's nice to have just one even.
And SBH464628, only if the serial # on your gun is 15662, but I've got a good idea, why don't you send me the gun and I'll mate them up and then send you pictures of "our" set each year, sounds good to me.
HH

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey WMG, I have a BKH44B I could part with and just saw a NIB BKH41B this weekend.....it made a few guys very excited......I think the owner got scared by all the attention he (it) attracted and took it home with him......also spotted the only KN4 200th year gun I have ever seen in person....couldn't get it bought either.....BUT anyways I can get you half way finished if you want......you may have something I could use.....NO DA's.....I stay away from those.....see ya RR.

SBH4628

Blackhawk
And SBH464628, only if the serial # on your gun is 15662, but I've got a good idea, why don't you send me the gun and I'll mate them up and then send you pictures of "our" set each year, sounds good to me.
HH
That would be fine...But I will need weekly child support payments :lol: :lol:

yes, Radical, I think all you guys scared that poor guy off, with that brass framed shorty 41 mag....Wes told me about it and then the guy ended up leaving with it......poor Bill has been working on that guy & his gun for quite a while now, oh well....life in the 'gun show' world........
at least MY guy came back after the past 4 months and brought me a 'mint' "empty" alphabet BC-4 box, a mint S&W box and a factory BP-7B brassie Old Army in the box.......he's been telling us about it show after show and finally brought them in............

Hashknife, great looking gun and package, nothing wrong with having anything "really nice"....even if it is the "ONLY" good one in anyones collection...............

radicalrod

Hunter
Gosh I stayed way back on that deal....just peeked over a few shoulders to get a glimpse of it .....it sure was PURTY......nice crisp white shipper (BRASS) marked.......outta my league and interest......I went home empty handed......not a thing that I needed.....maybe next time....see ya RR.

street

Hunter
radicalrod":z4wbygfv said:
Hey WMG, I have a BKH44B I could part with and just saw a NIB BKH41B this weekend.....it made a few guys very excited......I think the owner got scared by all the attention he (it) attracted and took it home with him......also spotted the only KN4 200th year gun I have ever seen in person....couldn't get it bought either.....BUT anyways I can get you half way finished if you want......you may have something I could use.....NO DA's.....I stay away from those.....see ya RR.

RR,

If I remember correctly you were set up close to me at the Harrisburg, PA Gun Show two years ago and I had a KNR-4 Stainless Steel 4 5-8 in. bl. 200yr gun with the box and papers and shipping box, and it was for sale. I also had the NR-4 Blue 4 5/8 in bl. 200yr gun with the box and papers for sale. Both guns were Mint. Why didn't you buy them from me then? I know you were looking at my Old Models and looked over the New Models.

If you are interested I will be at the Harrisburg show in March and I will have both guns there if you want to look at them.