Finally Found Something Still Made in America

Help Support Ruger Forum:

longspurr

Single-Sixer
I'm sad to be a nay sayer, but the licence plate was made of steel and painted.

The steel was likely from the lowest bidder (china or brazil). The paint probably came from the USA. We are helping the chinese and brazilians build paint factories but they are not ready for international distribution.

We accuse the chinese of using slave labor, but we use prison labor for some things. I'm OK with that, the idea of a FREE market for goods is a MYTH that is maybe partially true in some small markets.

Now if we could just put prisoners to work cleaning and rebuilding National, State, and local park facilities.

BucolicBuffalo

Single-Sixer
The handicap (mildly handicapped) make ours in Illinois and have done so since 1984, with one exception. The world's largest manufacturer of plates assisted in replating for a time in the early 2000's. Waldale Manufacturing in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Prior to 1984, Texas and New York prisons made them for us. But I don't know when they started.

We had in place some requirements that Illinois steel was used for a time. But they are made of aluminium today.

Paint and hard wax or epoxy has not been used in years on ours. Less toxic paint is still used for the rollcoat, or stamped lettering. But the body of the plates is a sheeting product. At least that is the majority of plates for us.

6gun

Hunter
Doesn't say made in a USA prison, how do you know they weren't made in a Mexican prison or China or another country? :?