Finally Finished

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomslang

Bearcat
Well I finally got it back from the gunsmith...

IMG_0470-1.jpg

I have been working on this project since the first of the year.

The base gun came from a forum member (thanks tek4260), A pre warning super. It is a real shooter too.

I got some Bowen sights (front and rear) and had a local gunsmith cut the barrel to 5 1/2 inches and replace the front sight with the Bowen sight (after I had shaped it). It is good and tall! After filing and test firing and filing some more I was satisfied with where the gun was shooting I took it back to him and he did a bead blast and a hot blue. Ended up with a uniquely "military" look to it. Very diffrent from my other supers.

I also did the following:

Wolff trigger spring
Action job (me)
Steel Ejector Rod Housing

Would Elmer be proud?

Papa

Bearcat
Ought to make a nice Woods gun with no reflective surfaces. Looks like a candidate for some of Cary's black micarta grips :D

Papa

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
Boom--I like that look alot. Wonder if blued matte will polish up on the high spots from holster activity. I am considering a manganese phosphate park job on 22/45.

americal

Hunter
I like gun :!: only thing I'd change is grip panels :) could make real difference in looks, YES black would be my 1st choice in color 8)

Rainman

Blackhawk
Really nice woods gun. That bead blasting before bluing makes for a practical and tough finish.

I'd have to vote black micarta along with the rest.

You really have something to be proud of and enjoy using at the same time.

Latest posts