Finally Finished

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomslang

Bearcat
Well I finally got it back from the gunsmith...

IMG_0470-1.jpg

I have been working on this project since the first of the year.

The base gun came from a forum member (thanks tek4260), A pre warning super. It is a real shooter too.

I got some Bowen sights (front and rear) and had a local gunsmith cut the barrel to 5 1/2 inches and replace the front sight with the Bowen sight (after I had shaped it). It is good and tall! After filing and test firing and filing some more I was satisfied with where the gun was shooting I took it back to him and he did a bead blast and a hot blue. Ended up with a uniquely "military" look to it. Very diffrent from my other supers.

I also did the following:

Wolff trigger spring
Action job (me)
Steel Ejector Rod Housing

Would Elmer be proud?

Papa

Bearcat
Ought to make a nice Woods gun with no reflective surfaces. Looks like a candidate for some of Cary's black micarta grips :D

Papa

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
Boom--I like that look alot. Wonder if blued matte will polish up on the high spots from holster activity. I am considering a manganese phosphate park job on 22/45.

americal

Hunter
I like gun :!: only thing I'd change is grip panels :) could make real difference in looks, YES black would be my 1st choice in color 8)

Rainman

Blackhawk
Really nice woods gun. That bead blasting before bluing makes for a practical and tough finish.

I'd have to vote black micarta along with the rest.

You really have something to be proud of and enjoy using at the same time.