Finally a Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

96/44

Blackhawk
I've been looking for a Single Six for several months now, and not finding many nice used ones, new ones have also been a rare sight, and seriously expensive. So today I decided to give in and buy a new one from the only shop in town that had one. When I walked in, there in the used gun case was a nib Single Six, 6.5",adjustable sight, pre internal lock, with rosewood grips. It was priced at $279, I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough! Can't wait to hit the range tomorrow. If I can figure it out I will try to post pics.

96/44

Blackhawk
Just got back from the range, what a fun little revolver! Spent about a half a box of shells getting the sights adjusted, ended up shooting 3 boxes of .22lr and a box of WMR's. Accuracy was pretty good, with the best groups going to Remington thunderbolts, about 2" at 15 yds offhand. I really like how much longer the ammo lasts vs my autos. I think this one will be following me to the range often.

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
Single Sixes are sooooo much fun and when you can find one for a deal its just so much better. I bought my first one several months ago, same kind of thing, lnib from a guy at work for $250. I'm happier than a pig in poop :D

dakota1911

Buckeye
Since centerfire ammo went silly, I have been shooting my .22s more and found I really enjoy it. Not only my Ruger Single Six's but other .22s I have also.

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
That's a gun that's high on my wish list. I've got a Heritage Rough Rider that's holding me over (it was less than half the price and lots of fun to shoot), but I want the real deal!

blkhawk

Bearcat
96/44":3tnvix1w said:
I've been looking for a Single Six for several months now, and not finding many nice used ones, new ones have also been a rare sight, and seriously expensive. So today I decided to give in and buy a new one from the only shop in town that had one. When I walked in, there in the used gun case was a nib Single Six, 6.5",adjustable sight, pre internal lock, with rosewood grips. It was priced at $279, I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough! Can't wait to hit the range tomorrow. If I can figure it out I will try to post pics.
Just got mine too. Mine cost about $480 OTD for a NIB 6 1/2" barrel Stainless Steel model that I've had on order for 2 months. Put 50 rounds of .22 Mag through it and it's a little tack driver at 15 yards. Need to spend little more time with it at 15 yards then see what it'll do at 25. :mrgreen:

The Highlander

Bearcat
I'm picking up my very own new Single Six tomorrow. I've foolishly had and traded away two or three of these little things. This one will stay! I have had the need to fill this hole in my "collection" for several years, and seems like something else has always taken priority for my cash. But I walked in to my peddlers a couple days ago, and he had two brand-new in his case.

One was a 4 5/8" stainless with some fairly pretty wood grips. It felt pretty good, and looked good, but I don't own any shiny guns, and was only a little tempted.

Then, while handing it back, I saw it...

Blued, 5 1/2" adjustable sights, uh oh. Money in danger.

Noticing that the lawyer letter has been moved to the bottom of the barrel helped, the trigger on the nib gun was better than the last one I traded away by far definitely helped, them little slim grips fit my hand well, sucker pointed naturally...heck, I couldn't resist myself!

Can't wait to shoot it!

The Highlander

FXWG

Bearcat
ab4ka":c5pezgy6 said:
I've got a Heritage Rough Rider that's holding me over, but I want the real deal!

I have a Single Six and a Heritage Birds Head.
The Heritage is not the same as a Single Six,
but it is still a fun and inexpensive way to spend
an afternoon. Enjoy it. I know I do.

The Highlander

Bearcat
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I shot my new one this afternoon. Great gun! Will definitely follow Redlabel's advise and keep this one!

gunslinger9729

Bearcat
I had a single six about 20 years ago had to sell it for money shortages worst thing I ever had to do, now they got so high I keep one on my wish list. I bought a Reagent 8 shot double action/ single action that is a ball to shoot and acurate too but I am still looking for that Single Six sitting in the display cabinit that has a price tag labeled "cheep", lucky you you will grow to love those little guns and as you get used to how they shoot you will be shooting them out to 50 yards and beyond and hitting what you are shooting at.