Final Word on W231

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cherokeetracker

Bearcat
Chris Hodgdon returned my phone call from earlier today,, and Said: Hodgdon has no plans on dropping W231 from their Lineup. I admit I was guilty of posting the wrong information here. That was from a phone call just after the first of the year. That phone call was to Hodgdon and a technician is the one that told me W231 was being discontinued. I can only be angry at myself for this mistake. I should have checked with Chris on this, way back then.

I am very grateful we are not loosing it. Thank You.

6gun

Hunter
cherokeetracker said:
Chris Hodgdon returned my phone call from earlier today,, and Said: Hodgdon has no plans on dropping W231 from their Lineup. I admit I was guilty of posting the wrong information here. That was from a phone call just after the first of the year. That phone call was to Hodgdon and a technician is the one that told me W231 was being discontinued. I can only be angry at myself for this mistake. I should have checked with Chris on this, way back then.

I am very grateful we are not loosing it. Thank You.

What you didn't believe the email I posted yesterday where Chris gave me the same answer he gave you today?

once again for those that missed it I posted this yesterday on another thread.

I emailed Hodgdon and asked them if this is true, I was surprised my email was answered on a Sunday :shock: means these are good people to do business with.

Below is the email, I deleted my email address out of the message for privacy reasons:

To [email protected]
Sun 8/16/2015 3:26 PM

Winchester powder inquiry
Chris,
Question regarding Winchester 231 powder there have been internet roomers floating around for the last 5 years now that 231 is being phased out, is there any truth to the roomer or is it false?
Please let me know.

Thanks, Kris

Reply | 
To:On Sun Aug 16, 2015, at 3:59 PM, Kris

No sir-we have no plans to discontinue W231.
Chris

Chris Hodgdon

New email up date

Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 12:52 PM
To: Chris Hodgdon
Subject: Re: Winchester powder inquiry

Chris,
Thanks for responding so quickly and on a Sunday even I'm impressed, so is this letter floating around the internet that says from Mike Daly of Hodgdon fake then? it claims the powder maker is phasing it out.

Thanks, Kris

Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 7:15 AM
To: Kris A XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: Re: Winchester powder inquiry

Mike is mistaken

Chris Hodgdon

cadillo

Blackhawk
And I still haven't seen it for sale anywhere in over three years. I tend to believe what I see especially when it contradicts what I read or hear.

Cholo

Staff member
It is hard to find :( I've been lucky enough to pick up 4 #'s of it in the last 2 years at gun shows. It's ranged from about $24-30 per #.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I remember when Nick Saban said he wasn't leaving the Dolphins also but...

wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Saban

quote> On November 27, 2006, the University of Alabama announced that head coach Mike Shula had been fired. Saban was rumored to be at the top of Alabama's wish list, but Saban refused to discuss the job while his NFL season was still underway.[22] During the month of December 2006, Saban was repeatedly questioned by the media about the Alabama job, and he repeatedly denied the rumors in his weekly press conferences, stating on December 21 "I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach." [23][24] Saban did eventually meet with Alabama officials on January 1, 2007,[25] following the Dolphins' season ending loss to the Indianapolis Colts. <end quote

Sometimes rumors come to fruition. :wink:

6gun

Hunter
Jimbo357mag said:
I remember when Nick Saban said he wasn't leaving the Dolphins also but...

wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Saban

quote> On November 27, 2006, the University of Alabama announced that head coach Mike Shula had been fired. Saban was rumored to be at the top of Alabama's wish list, but Saban refused to discuss the job while his NFL season was still underway.[22] During the month of December 2006, Saban was repeatedly questioned by the media about the Alabama job, and he repeatedly denied the rumors in his weekly press conferences, stating on December 21 "I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach." [23][24] Saban did eventually meet with Alabama officials on January 1, 2007,[25] following the Dolphins' season ending loss to the Indianapolis Colts. <end quote

So are you smoking hash today or what???? your post has ZERO to do with the subject at hand, perhaps you shouldn't post when not sober. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
6gun said:
Jimbo357mag said:
So are you smoking hash today or what???? your post has ZERO to do with the subject at hand, perhaps you shouldn't post when not sober. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Read that last line over again, maybe twice, and I think it will come to you what I was trying to say with that little anecdote about the Saban rumor.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
I found two 4 pounders today! :mrgreen: It's the first I've found it after spending a couple of years looking.
BTW, Cabelas has it in stock right now ($25/lb).

cadillo

Blackhawk
Jayhawkhuntclub said:
I found two 4 pounders today! :mrgreen: It's the first I've found it after spending a couple of years looking.
BTW, Cabelas has it in stock right now ($25/lb).

So where did you find the four pound canisters?

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
So where did you find the four pound canisters?

Recobs Target Shop. But I think they're out. Their website isn't always right. You might call them to check. They also had Unique and H110 among others.

Latest posts