Fentanyl ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Why is it that no one can pronounce this correctly? Every news caster says Fentanal. In Websters dictionary you can press the little icon for voice and it says correctly Fentanyl. It even shows the phonetic pronunciation as FEN-TA-NIL. Why can't anyone say it correctly? I think they do it just to irritate me.

maybe because they are on it?

Sorry.. that's the best I can do... I miss pronounce most words and not just because I grew up in the rural South... I tend to do it just out of spite....but then my father tended to do it too and so it could be inherited....
I get you. But as many times as it is said on the news every day, you'd think maybe one of them could get it right.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Why is it that no one can pronounce this correctly? Every news caster says Fentanal. In Websters dictionary you can press the little icon for voice and it says correctly Fentanyl. It even shows the phonetic pronunciation as FEN-TA-NIL. Why can't anyone say it correctly? I think they do it just to irritate me.

Too many sy-LA-bulls. ;)

woodsy

Blackhawk
Maybe because so many wish to get their idea across, (regardless of any misinformation), instead of correct pronunciation. Or, the present state of education, regarding speaking. How many now are ready to say that something as humdrum as a cheeseburger is "awesome", rather than "very good". Last time I saw something awesome was in Yellowstone National Park.

Speaking of Fentanyl, I recently had one of those procedures that no one likes, a colonoscopy. This is the second one I've had. Anyway there were no problems. But what they used to knock me out was Fentanyl. I had an IV and the nurse said I'm going to give you the sedative now. She shoved it in my IV and I think I was out instantly. I don't remember anything after that IV injection. The next thing I remember was when I woke up and it was all over

LIke they keep saying on the news, that fentanyl is very powerful stuff.

Tenbore

Single-Sixer
When I had knee surgery last Spring, they used fentanyl on me. I was surprised after hearing all the bad stuff about it.

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
Let's get something straight. Something that the news just can't seem to figure out. Fentanyl isn't bad. In fact, it is a very good drug. The problem is idiots that abuse it. If you are abusing drugs and you kill yourself (that's right you are killing yourself, committing suicide), tough. One more idiot that won't get another chance to breed.

Too many years of dealing with too many "accidental" and intentional overdoses. Not to mention other means of suicide have left me with what some folks call, when they are charitable, a poor attitude.

Last edited:
What I can't figure out is why they are putting enough of the stuff in those rainbow colored pills to kill people. Are they doing it intentionally or are they just too stupid? I mean, why kill your customers?

With all the news stories about fentanyl killing people, you'd think the dope pushers would wise up and cut down the dosage in those pills.

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
What I can't figure out is why they are putting enough of the stuff in those rainbow colored pills to kill people. Are they doing it intentionally or are they just too stupid? I mean, why kill your customers?

With all the news stories about fentanyl killing people, you'd think the dope pushers would wise up and cut down the dosage in those pills.
They don't care. There are always plenty more fish in the sea. Think about it, some folks used to cut heroin with stuff like strychnine.

vito

Hunter
Back in 2000 I went through the worst surgery of my life (and I've had a lot of surgery unfortunately). It was a thorocotomy, where the surgeon went through my back in a huge incision to get into my lung and clean out what he later said was about 4 quarts of pus. The surgery saved my life, but the pain afterward was literally unbearable. For awhile I found myself wishing that I had died on the operating table because I didn't think I could take it for even one more day. After 31 days in Intensive Care I was released to home with my wife administering the antibiotics through a PIC line every 8 hours, and I had 100 million microgram Fentanyl patches for the pain. I didn't think that those patches were doing anything for me and they seemed as useless as the morphine that I was getting while hospitalized. It wasn't until I ran out of the patches and had about half a day before my wife was resupplied with them for me that I realized just how much good this drug was really doing. Made a true believer out of me.

Latest posts