felt bags

Help Support Ruger Forum:

collectorruger

Single-Sixer
I saw a blue bag in a single six box that I would guess as being about 40 years old and was wondering if this was unusal or was a after market bag I don't think that I have ever seen a blue one before. thanks

yes, there have been blue bags , as well as the red ones, the scope rings usually came in the "other" color bags,seem to recall even green ones and we have an "orange" one still here came from the 'radical Ones, neighbor........another "scoped" rifle set........
we like the bigger Canadian Club bags, come in very handy 8) :roll: :wink:

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Ahhhhh, Dan, think that be CROWN ROYAL, My Brother........I know and have blue, green, brown, grey, and red bags. Cylinders only had red bags to the best of my 50+ years in the Ruger harness.........all colors noted were used for M77 and #1 scope ring sets 8)

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
Not saying CC didn't come in a felt bag but I've seen CR bags used for bullets, reels, etc.. Below are the bags I have. I have never seen a green one. Red, brown, orange, blue and gray. I would trade an orange or blue for a green.

Splitz, now that you mention it ,must have been Crown Royal ( had to dig one out,,,,,,yikes) been too long since I bought booze in canada ( used to all the time) but we quit drinking too far back to remember these days...yep, short ,stubby bottle....does booze get better with age, like wine does? ( before it turns to vinegar)

oldrugerman, yep, those are the bags, and sorry to say I got rid of most ,with the guns ( rings) still have one orange one and a few red ones, only had ONE green one, and got 4 red bags for it in trade at Monroeville,Pa, many years ago with Floyd Winters, guy who sold us the "S" S-46, ( yes, a 6 1/2 inch Super with an "S" stamped on the bottom....miss that gun, PAID $550 FOR IT AND THAT WAS A LOT OF MONEY BACK THEN!!!) :shock: :(
THAT IS ONE STORY THAT BOB CAMPBELL AND I WILL TALK ABOUT WHEN WE MEET AGAIN.. 8)

Dan,
Distilled liquor, unlike wine, does not get any better once bottled. It ages in the casks and once bottled, if left capped doesn't change any. Just remember to put the cap or cork back on/in so it doesn't evaporate :D

When I was stationed with a special team in Egypt, one of my additional duties was being the club manager. When we went to the embassy commissary to buy supplies for the club, I controlled the Crown Royale bags and handed them out to the team members when it was their turn to get one. They were very sought after and made for good trading material among the different military units that were in that area (UN Peacekeeper forces were still in the Sinai when I was there and they rotated every few months. The Aussies and us got along great because I stocked Fosters in the club, which they had a standing invitation) :D I still have 2 or 3 of those bags and that was from 1992-93.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
mr.deerstalker said:
I was married to "Bag" and traded her off....LOL......

Me too !!! Glad the old bag is gone, I made out a thousand times better in the trade !!!

Oh....I'd buy a red bag is I could find one.

chet15

Hawkeye
When Ruger decided to get rid of the felt bags for their SA extra cylinders and put them in bubble wrap instead, they used any and all colors they had on hand...This was about 1983 when the OM conversion program was just getting started because of the guns we got back from Ruger after being converted had the extra cylinder in an orange bag.
Also requested a cylinder bag for a .45 cylinder back at that time and that's when we got the green.
We also have one in dark brown.
Chet15

OldRugerMan said:
Not saying CC didn't come in a felt bag but I've seen CR bags used for bullets, reels, etc.. Below are the bags I have. I have never seen a green one. Red, brown, orange, blue and gray. I would trade an orange or blue for a green.

This is the first time I encountered a green bag. Some odd looking scope rings. :wink:

Latest posts