Feeding the needy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My little AR 'pistol' put meat on the table of 2 needy families for a month yesterday. This is NOT a recommendation for the use of such a small caliber for 'real' deer hunting but it is an indication of what the package is capable of "in the hands of an expert(?)" The tool is a 10.5" barrel AR 15 pistol with a variable handgun scope and a suppressor. The ammo is SPEER GoldDot 55 grain which has proven to be a very good match.

contender

Ruger Guru
It never hurts to help out the needy. (At least the ones truly "in need.")

And the choice of firearm used by a knowledgeable person can prove it's abilities beyond what many think. It's all in proper bullet selection AND placement. Many a deer has fallen to the poachers weapon of choice,, the lowly .22 LR.

I'm heading out again this morning-wind has moderated and is from a favorable direction, temp is 36*, and my terrible wracking cough has slacked off a bit. The boys are still scaring and chasing deer here at home but I'm out of doe tags in this county so headed north to our other farm across the county line. I really do love that PFFFT--THUMP of the little deer slayer.

Waaaay back in the day, my father-in-law and a neighbor rancher would shoot deer and elk (northwest CO ranching/farming community) to feed the people who really needed the help. Never got caught although the game warden did his best to try to get them. He even talked to the people who were getting the meat and they just looked him in the eye and said "We don't know what you are talking about". I have no problem with doing that to help those that need it. They did not shoot for racks or trophies but did it to feed people in some very lean times.

I took 2 more does in to donate this morning. Son and Grandson tagged a couple last night. The woman who was checking the carcasses in commented that she'd seen the family name on a LOT of donated deer and expressed her thanks for our support. I replied that we had far too many deer damaging crop fields and this was our way of reducing the herd.
I'm heading out soon to try filling my final tag. After that, I've got to get back to work next week.

"Giving the needy brings a good feeling, I do that every year .."
I'm not into giving beggars money. Too often, such money goes to fund the wrong things. If I donate a deer(even if it gets fed to the family pet) THAT donation can't be squandered on booze, cigs, or lottery tickets.
I try to understand that there are some folks who really can't work for a living. BUT! I've seen far too many who didn't work for a living simply because they don't want to work or are just too lazy. Multi-generational welfare recipients are fairly common in my local (rural/small town) area where everyone knows everyone.

willicd76

Bearcat
"So when you give to the needy, don't announce it with trumpets like the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets to be honoured by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full! But when you give to the needy, don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you."

Matthew 6:2-4