Federal Ammo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
Hey guys (and gals), I just purchased 2 50 rnd boxes of Federal 9mm 115 grain FMJ rn (Suddenly Walmart has ammo again), never used Federal before, usually Win Wht Box, what's the story with this ammo, good? Bad?

This stuff will be just as good, or just as bad, however you look at it, as the Win white box, or the Rem-UMC stuff.

This ammo is all pretty equal, and the best way to judge it, is how well it happens to work in your gun.

I would bet a lot of money that this stuff will work for you, just as well as any other bargain 115 gr ball ammo.

WAYNO.

Rodney72

Bearcat
Personally, I think this is the best target ammo under $20 a box available. The WWB is okay and I don't care much for the UMC, but that's just me. Federal shoots fairly "clean" and is accurate. Good stuff.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
i to find it to be the most accurate target ammo that is that cheap! ( 9.47/50)
its a little more dirty than Winchester , but I shot 600 rds the other day of it no problems at all, and it really wasn't 2 dirty .
IMHO i think its better than Winchester or Remington, especially for the price!
I mean you cant even get that mid 1980's Pakistani military surplus ammo that cheap, and that stuff is complete junk and filthy!

CBennett

Single-Sixer
Great practice ammo and actually CHEAP lol...I get it when ever I can.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
CBennett":d8srj4kr said:
Great practice ammo and actually CHEAP lol...I get it when ever I can.
x2, my walmart has a limit of 6 boxes a day on ammo, When i saw how much they had( at least 200 boxes) I found out through casual conversation that the person that helped me left in about an hour , so i went back and got another 6, then my grandpa went and picked up 6. then yesterday i went and got another 6.
we shoot a lot so dont think Im hording. lol
its nice to see so much on the shelves and they must have more in the back because they restock it daily recently.

Damageinc

Bearcat
I just ran 50 rounds of this ammo through my Walther PPS 9mm yesterday with no problems. It's great for $9.47 a box at Walmart.

nn

Single-Sixer
If it works for you it is good, if not--------------------------

michael hacker

Bearcat
I just ran 300 rounds of American Eagle by Federal (9mm 115 grn.)through the SR9c today and it ran great. It seems more consistent in terms of accuracy and load, and is cleaner than Rem. UMC and Blazer Brass. For the price I am picking up more tomorrow.

-Michael
www.michaelhacker.com

waldo1324

Bearcat
i just got another 50 box yesterday. love it. but its pretty much the same as the WWB or the Rem UMC.
but i will choose the Champion every time because of $9.50 or whatever a box.

McP

Bearcat
Took a box of the Federal and a box of WWB to the range last weekend. It was my first time shooting the Fed, and I found it to out perform the WWB in my FNP (tighter groups and fewer flyers). I'm sold at that price.

Btw...my Walmart has a better supply these days too. I stopped by another WM while in Ga., and they had about 60 boxes of RWS 9mm. Im not familiar with the brand, and at $14+ a box of 50, I stayed away from it. Anybody familiar with RWS brand.

MrP85

Bearcat
My local walmart has a decent size stock too. For the past 2 months ive checked every other day and nothing. But for the last couple of weeks they have had a steady supply of 9mm ammo. Ammo manufactures catching up with demand???

22bond

Single-Sixer
Not only I hope they are good but that they fit in my Blackhawk 9mm cylinder.
Some of the Monarch won't go in easily. If I force them in, the spend casing will be very hard to get out.

So far most of the Fed 9mm is more consistent in size than Monarch and slide eaily in and out of cylinder before and after fired.

Haven't try any Win 9mm since they are like $3+ more than Fed.

Saw 200 boxes of Fed 9mm at Walmart today - still in the cases. Just sitting there waiting for someone to put them in the locked shelf.
So supply is really coming back.

Strange

Bearcat
I get Fed 9mm ammo every chance I get. Shoots cleaner then the $17 a box luger or parabellum

wgaboy

Bearcat
:)
I guess walmart finally realized they are supposed to serve a legitimate need and make a profit.

Bigfoot62

Bearcat
The "new" Federal 9mm, .40s&w and .45acp ammo is CCI Blazer Brass in a Federal Box. It still has the CCI headstamp.

I bought and shot tons of it when it was in a CCI box, and I think it's good ammo. Unless it has recently changed, it's good brass too. I've reloaded a bunch of CCI brass with no problems.