Favorite ethnic foods...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dan in MI

Staff member
Tough call, especially if you can separate the Americanized version from authentic. I like most every type of food I’ve had, here and abroad.

That said I still seem to follow the the trend of Mexican and Chinese followed by the American version of both. Then again, some good Japanese or Vietnamese wouldn’t be turned away...

Enigma

Hunter
Korean, followed closely by Tex-Mex, followed by Texas BBQ. Memphis BBQ is also quite good. My wife is Korean, so I can get all of the outstanding Korean food that I want. There's a BBQ and/or Mexican restaurant on nearly every street corner around here. California-style Mexican food is also pretty good, but I prefer Tex-Mex.

BearBiologist

Single-Sixer
I gotta agree with most everyone here. As I said, Mexican and Italian cuisines are my favorites, but my favorite individual dishes are halibut and prime rib. But I also like Chinese (Low Mein tonight and Kung Pao tomorrow), Thai, Pho, Ethiopian, Santa Maria BBQ. Do not care for most French, German, and Englis fare. Like REAL Irish food. Pretty cosmopolitan (and my waistline shows it!).

Maternal grandmother was Irish/Cherokee/Chickasaw from Missouri (aka "redneck"), so I love chicken fried steak and corn-meal mush (fried and as porridge)

krw

Blackhawk
Mexican even though what you get in Arkansas is nothing like what you get in Mexico. Like Italian too but a Friend told me what we get here aint nothing like real Italian food. Love Cajun cookin too. I don’t really look at BBQ as an ethnic food, but if it is throw it in the mix too. You dont make a big ole boy like me by being picky bout what you eat!!

Joe Chartreuse

Single-Sixer
My favorite dish is Lahmajun. It was originally an Armenian dish, though Syrians and other mid-east countries claim it as theirs. Flat tortilla-like round unleavened crispy crust with chopped meat ( originally lamb but now beef in many places) with amazing spices, no sauce. Awesome flavor. can be grilled, fried, broiled, or even nuked ( but it wouldn't have a crispy crust.)

Daryl

Bearcat
Hard to beat a Taco...

Attachments

• aa taco smile.jpg
    aa taco smile.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 26

hittman

Staff member
‘Merican. ;)

Then a tie between Italian and Mexican.

Greek be next.

I’m from a very rural area so wasn’t exposed to much variety. Then married a gal raised in Chicago who helped me discover and enjoy many other ethnic foods.

KIR

Single-Sixer
WOW, a majority prefer Mex food or a derivative. I just wonder how many want the southern border closed? Where would we be without Taco Tuesdays...:ROFLMAO:
'

protoolman

Hunter
All of it! Especially spicy! I love good food from all over that's the best part of travelling, getting to try new food.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Mexican even though what you get in Arkansas is nothing like what you get in Mexico. Like Italian too but a Friend told me what we get here aint nothing like real Italian food. Love Cajun cookin too. I don’t really look at BBQ as an ethnic food, but if it is throw it in the mix too. You dont make a big ole boy like me by being picky bout what you eat!!
Umm..............BBQ not ethnic food? Its Southern, and more explicitly, Memphis. So, if Italian and Mexican cuisine is ethnic, then Southern certainly qualifies.

Bob Wright

Danjet500

Buckeye
You fix it, I'll eat it. Just about anything, no preferences but hard to beat a good, old American cheeseburger.