Fat Boy Slim music video (Weapon of Choice)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I know there are no hip hop rap fans here, at least I kind of assume that ... and I'm not really sure exactly what kind of music this is... not my cup of tea.... but I think many of you will find it interesting at least for 30 seconds or so because of who is staring in this video... I wonder how much he got paid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7z57qrZU8&feature=youtu.be

tunnug

Single-Sixer
Christopher Walken was a trained dancer before he got into acting, something a lot of people didn't know, myself included.

314Chevy

Single-Sixer
Fatboy Slim is actually a middle aged white guy! He has been a round for years and is considered (I think) a funk musician. I saw him perform in Wash DC, he puts on a great show.

coach

Hunter
That reminded me of a local band back when I was in college, “Root Boy Slim and the Sex Change Band”and the “Rootettes” the backup singers. They had a few classics such as Boogie to You Puke and Christmas at Kmart. He started a a dance called the “gater” where he would get on the floor and flop around like an alligator. Many people would do the “dance”. I saw him once at a club in DC. I don’t remember much of the show or if I did the gater. At least that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Thanks for the trip down memory lane or at least what’s left of it.

JFB

Hunter
coach said:
That reminded me of a local band back when I was in college, “Root Boy Slim and the Sex Change Band”and the “Rootettes” . . .

:shock:
well worth the google search
8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roC_JLOcnxE

Snake45

Hawkeye
coach said:
That reminded me of a local band back when I was in college, “Root Boy Slim and the Sex Change Band”and the “Rootettes” the backup singers. They had a few classics such as Boogie to You Puke and Christmas at Kmart. He started a a dance called the “gater” where he would get on the floor and flop around like an alligator. Many people would do the “dance”. I saw him once at a club in DC. I don’t remember much of the show or if I did the gater. At least that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Thanks for the trip down memory lane or at least what’s left of it.
I have a vague recollection of that band. Was part of the lyric, "Put a quarter in the juke; boogie till you puke!"? If so, then I've heard of them.

I'd never heard of the Gator dance until I saw Animal House. :wink:

coach

Hunter
“Put a quarter in the juke”, that was him. Animal House was released about the same time as he was playing, so I don’t know who or what started the gator dance. Then he got banned in College Park after a riot broke out at a show in a club. I wasn’t there for that show, but UMD students have a bit of history of starting riots back then.

314Chevy

Single-Sixer
coach said:

Brings back some fun memories. I lived down the hall from Foster (aka Root Boy) in Triangle Towers on Cordell Av, Bethesda. He threw some wild and strange parties. Love to see him perform at the Psyche Deli!
Thanks for bringing back that memory!

Latest posts