fair value of 7 1/2" 44 mag flat top

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SBH4628

Blackhawk
Got any numbers or pics?. 7 1/2" Is not very common on a flattop.Eagle or no Eagle on the barrel?... You just opened a great big can of worms. GET READY :shock:

SFRanger7GP

Bearcat
No numbers or pics. I get to see it tomorrow. It has been fired but the owner said its in great condition. I met the guy at the range today and after looking at what he had at the range, I'm pretty sure it is in the condition he says its in.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
I think so far that you're a little light on the condition of this gun. Nobody can answer you if they don't know the condition...as in , AS NEW, AS NEW IN BOX, NO BOX NO PAPERS, 98%, 96%, 75%. You get the idea. We're happy to help, but...
Sonnytoo

sebtool

Blackhawk
The 'suspense' is killing us! :lol:
Better take a camera to get a few pics when you go to check it out - tell the guy you're going to get some advice from a friend....
Whatcha looking at trading?

41 nut

Bearcat
In order to carry any premimum value it must be verified by Ruger as having been shipped with a 7 1/2" barrel. Then serial number and condition come into play to place a value on it. Without verification from Ruger its not worth any more than a 6 1/2" gun.

SFRanger7GP

Bearcat
Any gun is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'll see it tomorrow and post pictures if I get it. I was hoping someone would have an opinion. My opinion (actually Skeeter's) is some guns should be kept out of the hands of ruffians. I don't collect boxes or papers and have no interest in collector pieces. If it is a "premium value gun", I'll pass on it unless I can get it at a good value to pass it on to someone who appreciates it. I can use that money to get something I want.

I was placing its value in line with what 41 nut says. Since the owner said it has been fired and he has no papers or box, I am hoping to get a really interesting Ruger, at a fair price, that I can shoot. I'll keep you posted.

flatgate

Hawkeye
The 7-1/2" guns, if original, can command prices in the $800-$2000 range, depending, of course, on condition, condition and condition and presence of boxes, papers, etc.

It should have Ruger's varnished walnut grips and most likely a barrel rollmark without the Eagle image. There are, however, some of those BKH-47's that were made with the Eagle logo on the barrel. As others have suggested, verification by Ruger whether or not the gun was shipped with a 7-1/2" barrel or some other length is paramount. Shucks, some folks had their 10" barrels cut back to a shorter length! :shock:

115908519.jpg

Here's a side by side pic of a BKH-47 and a BKH-46 from Flatgate's dungeon.......

flatgate

Bucks Owin

Hunter
Paid $995 for the great shooting 10" in my avatar a couple years ago. Saw another 10" for sale a couple months ago for $895 on consignment that was "shootable" but needed to go "home" and be overhauled IMO. Lockwork worn and bluing about 80%.These prices seem kinda high but then again, the "less desirable" 10" guns are also less common than the others. I've heard everywhere from 800 to 1500 guns built in 10"......Dennis

flatgate

Hawkeye
SFRanger7GP":3vakgygk said:
What he has is a like new in the box old model super blackhawk.

Nuttin' wrong with one of those!!!
102016946.jpg

Excuse the "ratty" next image, but the Ruger Collectors' Assn. Display at the NRA Convention this year just happened to be about the 50th Anniversary of the magnificent Super Blackhawks!

364452939.jpg

A 1st. Place award was presented to this display.

:D

flatgate