Failure to feed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chuckstone55

Bearcat
I bought a p94 used I'm having failure to feed issues I tried to break it down to clean it I pulled the slide back and pushed the feed ramp or whatever it's called down the I lined up the breakdown lines up and pushed the pin in but the slide won't off what am I doing wrong?

hittman

Staff member
Look for a You Tube video on this. Been so long since I had the P Series pistols, I can't rely on my memory to tell you exactly. They were a PITA for sure.

Failure to feed issues, for me at least, were a magazine problem. Or, cheap aluminum cased ammo.

For me, first order of business would be to try 2 or 3 difference magazines; then different ammo. As a general rule, those guns were TANKS.

Don't just push the pin in, once you've pushed it in, them use you hand to pull the slide stop out as far as it will go and locks into position (you might have to work the slide a bit to make sure it is out as far as it can go and locks) and then press down on the slide stop to release the slide. Here is the instruction manual if you don't have one: https://ruger-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/_manuals/pSeries.pdf

DAshburn

Bearcat
I bought a p94 used I'm having failure to feed issues I tried to break it down to clean it I pulled the slide back and pushed the feed ramp or whatever it's called down the I lined up the breakdown lines up and pushed the pin in but the slide won't off what am I doing wrong?
Hi, just purchased a 380 Max and it has the same prob. 6/29/22 this problem should not be happening now!

roylt

Hunter
P-guns typically just work. Really need more info to help you. Did you get the pistol apart safely and check it out? Before you worry about feeding you really should know how to take it apart safely and correctly so you can clean and inspect it. To fire a new to you gun without taking it down to inspect it is asking for trouble.

I'm a P-nut and will try to help but first off familiarize yourself with how it works etc and clean it. You also don't say what caliber it is. There are about 4 different P94 models.

Keep the P-guns alive!!

Latest posts