Factory Ruger Stags 101

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey not to be a pain in the ass but I think this has gotten WAY OFF THE TOPIC.......Dan was trying to get people to post pictures and explain WHY they are YA OR NA......not argue who did what when or where.....

Hey Dan, somewhere I have heard that NO GOOD DEAD GOES UNPUNISHED......you had a GREAT IDEA that got sidetracked......

Show some picks and give us best thoughts......see ya RR.

street

Hunter
radicalrod":mobaaavm said:
Hey not to be a pain in the ass but I think this has gotten WAY OFF THE TOPIC.......Dan was trying to get people to post pictures and explain WHY they are YA OR NA......not argue who did what when or where.....

Hey Dan, somewhere I have heard that NO GOOD DEAD GOES UNPUNISHED......you had a GREAT IDEA that got sidetracked......

Show some picks and give us best thoughts......see ya RR.

RR! I don't think we are getting off track. The discussion on serial number 14 is just trying to decide if the grips are factory. Trying to decide how the grips were manufactured will help us to decide which grips are correct, because if all of the Eagles were installed by the factory they should all be 3/16 X 3/16 from the edge. If not then it is possible that some would be like the grips on serial number 14 Single-Six. If those grips are correct then we will have to start over at square one on our thoughts on what's Factory and what's not.

As for the ad from Hudson Sporting Goods. I was hoping that someone had a gun ordered from this Distributer so as to determine if they were factory grips. Would love to see a picture of one of those guns.

RR I agree that we need more pictures to look at. Come on collectors lets see more grips.

cause it falls on 'deaf ears" and all I had asked is for MORE pictures?? show us what you got......I pay attention at the display shows AND I been measuring them grips since the 1960's and they are STILL different from one another...its all redundant and opinionated, don;t see anyone 'dumping' (selling out) their "wrong' grips???doubt that will ever happen.....there are MORE vendors than noted and again, at any given time it was up to the "employee" of the moment (gopher) to go fetch the old man this or that from where-ever, and whom-ever............and you ( splits AND I ) have talked with some of them over the years,it was their JOB to do :roll:

I'm glad to see this thread renewed. I re-read the whole thing and have learned a lot from it.

The main thing I have learned is that we will NEVER (yeah, I know) agree on all this . . . there are just too many variables and old stories and opinions to ever get it nailed down. A lot is just simply pure speculation . . . based on very good circumstantial evidence, perhaps, but speculation nevertheless.

But I hope to see more pictures and comments. It's all good.

:)

Tucsonite

Single-Sixer
hell I'll post more pictures, dont own the grips any more but lets here some responses
20100612_6.jpg

20100612_1.jpg

1869Shorty44005.jpg

1869Shorty44006.jpg

367024.jpg

866ivory002.jpg

150-5018_IMG.jpg

Latest posts