Factory Blackhawk sight height..

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cal30 1906

Single-Sixer
I'm new here so I'm hoping that I am posting this in the appropriate location....
Guys I rescued a 1973 model stainless. 357 with the 4 5/8s barrel and the front sight was missing. I ordered one for a 45 colt and made it fit, I generally shoot heavy for caliber bullets out of my revolvers so this taller sight was great as I could file it down and zero it at 25 yards and still have adjustment in the rear for elevation so I could shoot a wider range of bullet weights.
Everything is great with what I did and it ended up being. 370 high measuring off the base.
My question is what is supposed to be the factory height?
I had to order a taller front sight for my model #5032 45 acp/45 colt Redhawk to compensate for the 310 grain cast I shoot out of it. That sight came from Hamilton Bowen and was .060 taller than the factory.
If one of you could measure a factory height I would appreciate it just out of curiosity.
Thanks guys

Cal30 1906

Single-Sixer
Hendo thanks for taking the time to reply.
Yes I was wanting the factory height on a 4 5/8s 357 blackhawk from the base.

Cal30 1906

Single-Sixer
My .357 is a 4 5/8" barrel but blued, can't believe that would matter but my factory front sight measures .450
Yeah I have found Ruger has lots of configurations of sights on the same models from stainless to blue and year produced.
I've noticed that the rear sight blade varies by model and caliber and barrel length too.
The sight I ordered was.445 and I had to mill it down to get on paper at 25 yards.