Factory ammo discounts, etc.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Just wondering if any of y'all patronize shops (not on-line) that offer LEO/Military discounts on factory ammo/guns, etc. . Also just passing this along, for whoever is looking to save a little $$.

And yes, I know reloading is a whole lot cheaper but many people do not reload, including me. :)

Gary's in Columbus & West Point (MS) offers good discounts, especially on high quality SD ammo. Special discount rack for the popular SD ammo (9mm, .40, .357, 10mm, .45) for LEO/Military, and 10% off on anything else in the shop. For example Hornady Critical Duty 9mm+P 135gr, is $33/50 (~66cents/round), normally runs about $1/rnd. Similar savings on other brands/calibers. Saves me about $30/100rnd on 9mm. :D

If you have LEO/Military ID (active or retired) you can buy off the LEO/Mil. rack. Today they had Hornady, Federal HST and Gold Dots on the discount rack.

Haven't bought factory ammo in ages. Years ago when I had money stocked up heavily.
Besides I've been reloading for years as I shoot em up I reload fun and affordable.
Good to know tho Gunny!
Seeing we are on that subject of Military discount, been saving up getting a Sig AR they
will sell to you directly with substantial discounts. Naturally ship to your ffl. Go to their web site,
click on Military & Law Enforcement details are there. ps