Factory 10/22 mags

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
I found new Ruger brand 10/22 mags for $16.75 at a local pawn shop. Not the cheapest, like I've found online. But, definitely comparable. And I got it right then. They also had a stainless SP-101 w/ Crimson Trace grips .357. I didn't even look ask to hold it (would of bought it, and can't afford it just yet).

I think you got a good deal... no shipping and you bought local.
I'm sure there is a limit to the number of factory 10/22 mags one should own... but I'm not yet aware of what that number is....

the only problem I see is somewhere around 8 or 10 you need to start numbering them so if you have a problem with one, you'll be able to tell which one it is.

hutchman

Blackhawk
I recently bought 3 and I think I gave $18 for mine....so you got a good deal. None-the-less, do you need more.....?

You can never have enough! :D

breathing too much gun smoke will do this to you sometimes.

I have to admit this past weekend I was shooting one of my 10/22s in an Appleseed project and started out with butler creek steel lips and after the second fail to extract... I switched to factory mags and never had a problem again. I started with the butler creeks because someone mentioned it was easier to remove the mags and insert a new one during the quick mag change and shooting part... but I found it really wasn't that hard with the short squat flush factories. Since the most rounds you load is 10... this was the way to go.

The sad (for me) part of all this...I'm guilty of buying 10/22 magazines pretty much whenever I see them, when it's a fair deal. But then, when I really do need a new one, they don't seem to be anywhere near me.

So, when I'm looking thru junk drawers, or gun cleaning boxes, or just about anywhere in my pickup, I discover these magazines I've socked away, and I'm forced to roll my eyes at my system.

A guy can never have too many 10/22 magazines.

WAYNO.

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
I was glad to finally get a couple. I went back a few days later, because I really wanted to look at an SP101 again. Also, I decided to throw away my 25 rd Butler Creek because of 12 jams in one clip. I had 2 FTEs with the Rugers, but 30-35 mph wind into wind gusts were to blame. I love the factory ones. I don't think I'll use anything else from now on.

the butler creek STEEL lips work pretty good for me. If you want more than 10 rounds that's the way I would go. I think both the steel lips and especially the plastic lips take some smoothing out and breaking in.

Hey Wayno, the secret I'd say to all those 10/22 mags floating about your place is always load them before you lose them and then you know you'll always have a spare mag and rounds when you need them.

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
Mine's worn out. lol I really like being able to hold the gun on the front side of the mag-well. That's where it's most comfortable for me. I never could get it right with the 25 rounder. Maybe I'll change my mind, someday. Maybe not. haha