Extra parts for GP100?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
Being new to the GP100 (got it for Christmas),I would like to know what you experienced GP guys/gals keep for extra parts. I see that the transfer bars can break with repeated dry fires,so I may order some of those. Anything else you keep on hand? Thanks-

GP100man

Buckeye
WELCOME & Congratulations on your ownership of a GP100!!!

Transfer bars are good but I`ve never broke 1 just worn a divit where the pin hits it .

The main parts to keep on hand is the spring & plungers for the pawl & cyl lock , the 1s that like to launch to partsbegoneville when handlin the trigger group.

There different part # so keep em seperated & marked plainly!!!

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
GP100man is right about those springs. I took mine apart to put in some lighter springs on the trigger and hammer everything was going good until the pawl popped off and that spring shot across the room I spent 10 min looking for the thing. Enjoy your GP100 its a great gun, Dusterman

Ruber

Single-Sixer
Gregg1LE":1a9idjdj said:
Being new to the GP100 (got it for Christmas),I would like to know what you experienced GP guys/gals keep for extra parts. I see that the transfer bars can break with repeated dry fires,so I may order some of those. Anything else you keep on hand? Thanks-

Welcome and congrats! I've had a GP100 since about 92 which has seen close to 20,000 rounds without a hiccup, I hope yours has the same good fortune. Only thing I've purchased for it was an old style grip a few years back when I heard they were going to stop making them, when mine wears out, I'll put the new one on.

As for parts breaking, a set of snap caps might be cheaper than a repair if you are planning on dry firing that much. I'd just go shoot it!!

Enjoy your new GP!!!

gwnorth

Bearcat
There are lots of well worn Security, Speed and Service Six revolvers that are 30+ years old with 10K's of rounds through them, still working fine with all original parts. I personally won't bother buying any parts for my GP100s unless something actually breaks, which just seems dang unlikely.