EXCESS BLOOD PRESSURE!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Walnut864

Bearcat
I'm 41 and my BP and HR at home are on average 110/60 HR 55-60.
First waking up my HR can be 45 -50 BPM.
In the doctors office mine is slight elevated bc every doctors office ever, takes my BP as soon as I walk into my room. So it's not technically "resting BP".

langenc

Single-Sixer
My doc who recently retired had a preprinted strip form that you could record BP for 30 days, am and pm.
Drop it off or mail w/ readings. Theyd total ams and pms and average the 30, or so readings and then let you know how your BP is. No one or 2 readings to adj meds.

A little high here or there would not blow your readings up.

Mobuck

Hawkeye
"↑ That's like the Dr. telling you that the beautiful sexy busty Nurse Goodbody will be taking your blood pressure in 10 minutes. "

Years ago, a female whom I once knew 'quite well' was a nurse at the Dr. office and she usually tucked my hand against her bosom while taking my BP (smiling as she did so). One day I commented that this was not conducive to getting a 'normal' BP level. Then I asked if she did that for all the men to which she replied "No, just the ones I'd like a response from". Tucked that tidbit away for future elaboration.

Selena

Hunter
A long way from heaven and far too close to Chicag
My wife has WCS. BAD. An emergency room misdiagnosis got her three days in the hospital. They said her T waves were upside down must get to hospital now! After fighting them to drive her myself (much shorter time in transit) we get to hospital and they say they were wrong but still need to run tests. Her heart rate was 160+ After three days the cardiologist cuts her loose even though the 165 beat per minute alarm was going off on a regular basis. We get home and in 20 minutes it dropped to 80.

Regarding BP I take it regularly and keep records. When I need a scrip I send in my sheet and I get a scrip back.

Keeping records is a good way to make friends with your provider. I would ask you make a short one or two word note of your activity just prior to the test. Keep in mind that all kinds of activities will affect BP and not always in a predictable way. I remember one patient could raise his diastolic 20 points just by tapping his foot. Still another ancient with a history of hypertension gave me numbers more suited for a teenager being checked while sitting on his riding lawn mower. (I was doing a home care visit to his wife and she asked me to check his BP.)

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
BP is a valuable tool. But it changes rapidly and can be dramatically affected by even seemingly slight events.

Heck, it’s actually pretty easy to learn how to raise and lower your blood pressure almost on demand.

Mine is always normal at the doctor's until that cute new nurse glides in the room. But it's my blood sugar that has it's mood swings. It can be 90 and 20 minutes later be over 300. They just started me on one of those new fangled digital readers because I hated to stick my finger. Now I wear this bionic thing on my arm and pass a scanner over it 4 or 5 times a day. It even records up to 14 days.

Mine is always normal at the doctor's until that cute new nurse glides in the room. But it's my blood sugar that has it's mood swings. It can be 90 and 20 minutes later be over 300. They just started me on one of those new fangled digital readers because I hated to stick my finger. Now I wear this bionic thing on my arm and pass a scanner over it 4 or 5 times a day. It even records up to 14 days.

I've been able to train with a Libre Sense glucose monitor, Abbott Medical makes them and they are working on approval as an over the counter device in the states. So far I've learned a few things from it, trying to get a handle on how much and when to take calories on long training runs or rides.
I could see a real benefit for people with blood sugar issues, it'll show trends way before I can feel them, just have to learn to use the data.
This thing will plot data over time and you can tie it to the training data to work out a nutrition plan. We tried it in the lab on the treadmill and it correlates very well with actual blood draws .

dannyd

Blackhawk
This is my view on High Blood Pressure.

287ACEBA-CBCA-4036-B942-E75158AC18C0.jpeg

That's looking up from the stretcher in the ER.

Bradycardia: like living with to political parties in your body one's to far to the right and the other to far to the left.

Latest posts