Ex-SR9 owners

Help Support Ruger Forum:

candybar

Bearcat
I was wondering if there is anybody out there that got rid of and SR9 and happen to find a good IWB holster they are willing to part with. I spent all my money on the gun and would love to carry it. I bought a cheep $9 holser from Cheaper than dirt made by Ace it is ok but is not comfy at all and still prints some. I can pay alittle for it just not full price or anything like that. Thanks. Not sure if this is ok here or not thought if mite be better here than in the for sale section.

candybar":ys57doj6 said:
I was wondering if there is anybody out there that got rid of and SR9 and happen to find a good IWB holster they are willing to part with. I spent all my money on the gun and would love to carry it. I bought a cheep $9 holser from Cheaper than dirt made by Ace it is ok but is not comfy at all and still prints some. I can pay alittle for it just not full price or anything like that. Thanks. Not sure if this is ok here or not thought if mite be better here than in the for sale section.

If'ns you can swing it, save your pop cans up and get a Crossbreed. They're absolutely fantastic!

WAYNO.

Grendel

Single-Sixer
If you're going to CCW your SR9, don't go cheap with your carry rig. You need a good holster and a good gun belt for comfort and concealibility.

I use the Crossbreed Supertuck myself, and thus far, it is literally the only holster I've ever bought, as it turns out to be the only one I need.

A good holster will provide:
-solid retention
-effective covering of the trigger and trigger guard
-adjustability (depending on make)
-weight distribution

Having a good gun belt also aids tremendously in weight distribution and keeping the gun tight to your body for concealment and comfort.

But, saying all that, everybody's body is different, so what's comfortable for some is just a huge chuck of steel and leather digging into the ribcages of others.

-JT