Evil pumpkins

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
The Energy? Dept. has declared that jack 'o lanterns are evil producers of greenhouse gases and cause global warming. I reckon this means it's open season on pumpkins. :mrgreen: :roll: Time to tune up the canons and shotguns. :lol:

What is it with the Gov. that they just have to suck all fun out of everything? :x Bureaucrats, aka Vogons.

Vogonaie.jpg

How scary are your jack-o’-lanterns? Scarier than you think, according to the Energy Department, which claims the holiday squash is responsible for unleashing greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.

Most of the 1.3 billion pounds of pumpkins produced in the U.S. end up in the trash, says the Energy Department’s website, becoming part of the “more than 254 million tons of municipal solid waste (MSW) produced in the United States every year.”

Municipal solid waste decomposes into methane, “a harmful greenhouse gas that plays a part in climate change, with more than 20 times the warming effect of carbon dioxide,” Energy says.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/oct/28/pumpkins-cause-climate-change-energy-department/

Naphtali

Single-Sixer
GunnyGene said:
The Energy? Dept. has declared that jack 'o lanterns are evil producers of greenhouse gases and cause global warming. I reckon this means it's open season on pumpkins. :mrgreen: :roll: Time to tune up the canons and shotguns. :lol:

What is it with the Gov. that they just have to suck all fun out of everything?
The Puritan hated bear-baiting, not because it gave pain to the bear, but because it gave pleasure to the spectators. Thomas Babington, Lord Macaulay

There will be no curosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always - do not forget this, Winston - always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. George Orwell
Choose one.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Naphtali said:
GunnyGene said:

What is it with the Gov. that they just have to suck all fun out of everything?
The Puritan hated bear-baiting, not because it gave pain to the bear, but because it gave pleasure to the spectators. Thomas Babington, Lord Macaulay

There will be no curosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always - do not forget this, Winston - always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. George Orwell
Choose one.

Choose one? I reject the proposition that there are only 2 choices. There is another.

modern%20display.jpg~original

SAJohn

Hunter
A drop in the bucket compared to the gas emissions of cows and humans. The conclusion is we need to exterminate all other large mammals, learn to eat soy, put a cork in it, and also stop breathing. :)

p.s. Gunney, Love your wall decor, here is mine:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
SAJohn said:
A drop in the bucket compared to the gas emissions of cows and humans. The conclusion is we need to exterminate all other large mammals, learn to eat soy, put a cork in it, and also stop breathing. :)

I like yourn also. You've got a bigger wall than I do. :mrgreen: There's just something about weapons and cedar that works well together. :D

Do folks think you're odd for not keeping them in a safe? I get that kind of thing from folks occasionally. Often a "Don't you worry about them being stolen"? Nope. :) Usually, I just have the antiques on it.

figure out how much energy we use on street lighting as well as those stupid back yard lights... and how bad it is for the environment.... also messes up the natural cycles of most nocturnal animals.... turn off all the stupid street lights and we would be much better off...

that's my tree hugging rant for the day...

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
SAJohn said:

Do my eyes fool me OR is that a Stevens Favorite there, the second down on the right ?
I got my Model 1915 in 22 LR and it's a TACK DRIVER.

toysoldier

Hunter
blume357 said:
figure out how much energy we use on street lighting as well as those stupid back yard lights... and how bad it is for the environment.... also messes up the natural cycles of most nocturnal animals.... turn off all the stupid street lights and we would be much better off...

that's my tree hugging rant for the day...

Amen!
When I moved into this rural subdivision, I could see the Milky Way at night. Now, thanks to neighbors installing lights that would be suitable for a night baseball game, the glory of the heavens is much reduced.

Latest posts