Everglades, Dry Tortugas, Biscayne National Parks

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RSIno1

Hunter
The Conch Republic is on the after retirement trip list. We plan on taking our 20' travel trailer across the southern part of the US. We've done most of the states except the deep south NC, FL, MS, GA, LA & AL.

RSIno1 said:
The Conch Republic is on the after retirement trip list. We plan on taking our 20' travel trailer across the southern part of the US. We've done most of the states except the deep south NC, FL, MS, GA, LA & AL.

When we moved to Dallas, my wife had to travel some. So I would drive to her work spot and she and our daughter would fly. Such places like Birmingham, AL or Miami, FL. Then we would spend a week in these spots. Lots of fun.

Good luck getting the travel trailer down to the south and seeing these states. They all have different flavors and sights to see.

OH! And best of all, different foods to try!

173rdLRRP

Single-Sixer
Fort Jefferson was built under recommendations of then Navy Captain Tattnal and then Army Captain Robert E Lee. The keys have deep water anchorage and US had no naval bases nearb, and US Navy was tiny. It probably was a waste of time and money.

My wife and I went out to camp a night once with our niece who is an hydrologist with NPS. The boat did not return due to.high winds so we “had” to stay another night On our one day reservation. We had enough food, fresh water and “restroom” were available.. Snorkeling and birding were great. We would recommend overnighting.

Latest posts