Eotech on a SBH Hunter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kelbro

Single-Sixer
Does anybody know of a pic-style rail that will mount on a SBH Hunter? I would like to try my Eotech 551 on top of this pistol :)

JesterGrin_1

Single-Sixer
contender":2tgvhjym said:
I think Weigland makes one that fits in the screw holes where the rear sight goes. Check them first.

Contender he is talking about the HUNTER :)

kelbro

Single-Sixer
Thanks and I already have an Eotech 551 on an AR that I want to use. According to my wife, I won't be buying any more red dots/holograms for a while :)

contender

Ruger Guru
Duhh, I feel like a dunce as I was seeing Super Blackhawk,, and didn't "see" the hunter part,,,,! (Picture me wearing a dunce hat sitting in a corner.)

Old Coach

Bearcat
Just got the Weigand base direct from Jack, 49.95 shipped.
Works great, solid as arock. Use locktite on the screws.

kelbro

Single-Sixer
Got a Weigand on the way from Brownells. Thanks for the loctite tip. 222 or 242 (red or blue)?

JesterGrin_1

Single-Sixer
Go with Blue :)

I did however use Red on the screw for my ejector rod housing. Blue just would not hold.

But to be fair my loads were pretty stout I think. I was shooting a 300Gr Cast Bullet GC with 21.O Gr of H-110. And even though they shot very well I just did not wish to have to carry a screw driver kit with me all the time lol.

So right now I am working with an old Ideal 431244 SWC GC with 23.OGr of H-110. But when I have more time like after the next few days I am also going to try 23.5Gr of H-110. And the reason I will have to wait is I am going dove hunting in the morning and hope to find a HOG get with in range lol. I just ran out of time too darn fast for further testing. :)

flatgate

Hawkeye
JG-1,

I'd be a little cautious with your SWC loads. Most SWC's seat deeper in the case than do the LBT's. I don't know much about them, to be honest, but just thought I'd toss out my thoughts.....

Oh, and I think you're perhaps a bit light on your powder charge for that 300 grain bullet....

Again, JMHO,

flatgate

JesterGrin_1

Single-Sixer