Engraving...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mattsbox99

Hunter
What do you guys think of engraving?

I dropped my Single Six off today to be engraved. I wasn't really picky on what the engraver wanted to do. He's a master engraver that makes all of the PBR championship rodeo belt buckles, but he hasn't done any guns. I've seen a lot of his work, so I'm confident that he'll do an excellent job. Its still going to be a shooter, but I always wanted an engraved gun, and since I plan to keep this one forever, I wanted it to be a one of a kind.

Doc44

Single-Sixer
Engraving is a personal thing and as long as you are happy with the result, that is all that counts. I have had several guns engraved and have been very pleased with the result. Let us know how the project turns out.

Bill

Don Garlitz

Bearcat
Yes Please Post Pictures When Its done! Here Is one Of my Favorites :D
129241487.jpg

129241485.jpg

129241484.jpg

129241481.jpg

americal

Hunter
NICE- gun Don :!: GREAT grips engraving really flows well on gun. I like how he signed & dated it not fancy but kind of primitive for lack of words, really appeals to me & I am not fond of some engraving just to much sometimes your gun 8) GREAT :!: ( like to see other gun after work finished GOOD LUCK :)

mattsbox99

Hunter
Nice gun Don!

I don't think he is gonna go too crazy with it, he said he would keep me informed as it went along. We talked about it for a couple hours. He's also making a knife for me.

I'll definetly post pictures when its done. I imagine it will be a couple of months before its done. He's taking his time with it, he figured it would be 10-14 hours worth of work.

P90

Single-Sixer
I like Engraved guns. I like to shoot guns. There is nothing wrong with shooting Engraved guns. If you like looking at Engraving on guns, shooting Engraved guns give you the enjoyment of both shooting and looking at them. I have several engraved guns I use. Looking forward to pictures when finished.

mattsbox99

Hunter
A local shop has one factory engraved 357 blackhawk, the one released a couple of years ago with all the gold scroll work. Its kinda spendy though at $929.

americal

Hunter
That top gun is PERFECTION 8) 8) 8) 8) one of finest Rugers in existance 8) 8) 8) 8) They all are what engraving ought to be my opinion :)

Nice gun Don, and to answer 'Americals' note, the "signing" done by Floyd Warren back then is located UNDER the ejector rod housing, not out in the open...............we knew Mr Warren way back then and my friend Tony Tuscano, apprenticed under / for Mr Warren for many years and is today as good ,maybe better than Mr Warren...both, awesome engravers.

Latest posts