Email Scam Attempt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

redhawker

Buckeye
I know we've probably all got those calls about something (usually something like a phone or computer) that was supposedly ordered on our Amazon accounts and if you're dumb enough to believe these jerks they try and get your bank or account info. Got a little different one today. This one came through email and they wanted me to call about my PayPal account. Looked like this...

Dear PayPal Customer
We notice unauthorized transaction from your PayPal account,
If This Transaction Is Not Made by You Then Kindly Call Us for Cancellation of this Order
Otherwise, your $746.58USD will be charge today
Your Order Information
Description​
Quantity​
Unit Price​
Total Price​
Google Pixel (128 GB)
{PHONE}
[ 1 ]​
$746.58USD​
$746.58USD​

Items Ordered: 1 Your Billing Information
$746.58USD charge Will be from your PayPal account
Thank you for your recent order with us. If you have any questions or want a refund for this order, please call on our Helpline Number:- +1(641) 505-6140.

Your order number :- (ZVSXW5T3-E8H4E7-5SD)
Transaction Id :- (312EW4SD6FT-8CIV8V-9J8)

Total Amount will be charge= $746.58USD
Customer Service Helpline:- +1(641) 505-6140.
If you want to cancel this order, give us on the Helpline Number:- +1(641) 505-6140.
(NOTICE- DO NOT REPLY THIS EMAIL IF YOU WANT TO HELP SO CALL OUR HELP LINE NO= +1(641) 505-6140.
Thank You
General Manager
Harry Devid

...of course, when I checked the PayPal account there has been no activity since someone sent me some money about 2 months ago. Just info for everyone that they don't just limit themselves to phone calls. Maybe give some of your more vulnerable (elderly) relatives heads up on this kind of thing too.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
Since PayPal tried to get me to give them my CC number, several decades ago,
I told them about the non-sunshine space where they could put it. - - - If I were
to receive an E-mail like yours, I would remind them that I do not have one.

I also "black list" any like that so I do not have to read any like that.

I actually got a proposal for marriage from a young women in England earlier this week. She it seems needs to get married to be able to get the 5.6 million pounds her late father left her. I had to decline since I am already married.

jimbo1096

Hunter
Got a similar one about Paypal, but I haven't used that in so long any payment info would have been obsolete anyway so I just deleted it.

Pay Pal, NORTON, Bank of America, Amazon scams appear at a regular interval it seems. I won't even mention the untold wealth I am told is due me from various banks. It is easy to see how some could easily be drawn into these schemes.

RRM

Single-Sixer
I'm certainly getting more of them thru to my email inbox lately. I think using that tactic must get them around some spam filters. Then I look in the spam folder every so often and yikes!

RSIno1

Hunter
I have over 150 web pages with my E-mail address on them.
That is different than responding to an email. Right click on someone's email you received and then click on view page source. There is 1/2 page of various routing and identifier codes that you are handing the recipient. A VPN can help mask it.

Thanatos

Bearcat
There are tones of them on my spam folder, I never click on anything i don't know where its from or what's on the other side of the link.

Latest posts