ELMER KEITH PHOTO'S

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Otony

Blackhawk
Omigosh Dick, you have been a huntin' fool all your life! Great, absolutely terrific photos. I am so glad you were able to find 'em. Pleasant memories for you, and for all of us as well.

Funny, you may not be as young, but the smile hasn't changed one bit. Good on ya!

americal

Hunter
Sixshot--they tried to get the RED WOLF started in Great smokey mt.'s some years ago :) some folks around here say they have seen them on the JOE WHEELER wild life refuge near me on Tn.river :shock: they do have some big GATORS there to :!: in north al. :shock: If you shoot or kill one you go to prison for life :lol: one game warden lost most of his hand to one of gators they were trying to trap :roll: OUCH :!: :!:

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
ISEE YOU WERE A VW BUG GUY TOO.I love those old bugs,had a bunch of them myself.Great pictures and trip back in time to when life was great and guns were thought of as prise posessions not people killers as most think today.Thanks for the memories

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
Great stories and photos Dick.I am really glad you found your pictures.I can only imagine how much they mean to you.Those are treasures.

Nice bow too.It looks like either a 1967 or '68 Kodiak,Bear's top of the line hunting bow.

mt

Single-Sixer
Dick, the picture of you shooting out of the tree brings back lots of memories. When I was a kid, only rich folks had deer blinds...the rest of us had mesquite trees and numb, frozen butt's.

Loma Alta is just a wide spot in the road (Hwy 277) about 40 miles west of here.

mt

Aeroscout9

Single-Sixer
Love your stories/photos Mr. Sixshot. My favorite is the frog pics/story!!

sixshot

Buckeye
Well a virus nailed my computer over the weekend & I've been down for 5 days. I did find 2 more photo's of Elmer Keith's trophy room, don't know if there are any of me & him together, probably not, I don't remember having the courage to ask for a photo of both of us together, although I"m sure he would have said yes.
I'll get more photo's up tomorrow sometime.

Dick

M'BOGO

Buckeye
Great stuff. I was 15 when he went to the land with no game wardens. I feel like I missed out on all the good stuff. Glad you found the photos, he was one of a kind. Now if they would put HELL, I WAS THERE back in print. My copy was given to my brother in law.

Arnold Stuart

Bearcat
Dick, I bet that you were born with some sort of weapon in your hand, great stories and pics. None of us on this forum get tired of your stories and pics, keep them coming.

Arnold

sixshot

Buckeye
Hello Arnold, I was but some of my friends would tell you it was a fork!
How are you doing down there, we aren't going south for the winter, my mom's not doing very well (89) although we might come to Cedar City for a month just to have a little break, any rabbits down there?

Dick

Arnold Stuart

Bearcat
Dick, if you come down to Cedar, I just bet that we can scare up some Rabbits. Cottontail season ends the 28th of Feb. According to Ut. fish & Game this is a banner year for rabbits in Ut., their are also plenty of Jacks running around.

Arnold

Latest posts