Elaborate practical jokes

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I really like elaborate well thought our practical jokes. Not mean ones, just funny ones. Let's hear some you have pulled on others or had pulled on you.

This is one of my favorites.
My friend Bob falls for a lot of my jokes. A few years ago just before Christmas I went to a local supermarket and bought a Pork Butt Roast for my friend Bob. I took it home, photographed the label and photoshopped it.
Donkey001_edited-2.jpg

I then printed a new sticky label and placed it over the original one. I wrapped it in Christmas paper and left it on his porch with a note to keep it refrigerated until opening on Christmas morning.

On Christmas afternoon I called him and asked,
"Did you like your present?
He replied, "That is a little weird, but I'll give it a try. Betty (his wife) thought it was a little strange."
Me-"She was okay with it?"
Bob-"Just thought it a little strange"
Me.- "It is a good thing you have a very understanding wife."
Bob-"Why does she need to be understanding?"
Me- "Well, most wives would be upset if their husband's friend bought him a piece of ass for Christmas."

I could hear her burst out laughing in the background, Bob just called me rude names and hung up the phone.

Years ago I had a supervisor who was illiterate. When he would write out a work order it could be an adventure to decipher it.

The 1st one said..... Cut 4" pip to 6" sekshins git many as u can from pip"... which I believe was supposed to say.... Cut 4 inch pipe into 6 foot sections and get as many as you can from each length of pipe.... I called him at home to ask what he wanted me to do and he said do it exactly as written. I got the work order notarized and cut it into 6 inch pieces.... When I got to work the next day he had fire coming out of his eyes and when I showed him the notarized work order he just turned and walked away because he knew that I bested him.

Another time I made a sign that was supposed to say....

Caution
Overhead
Fuel Lines

Bu he wrote it down as

Cawshun
Ovarhed
Fule Lins

So that is exactly what he got... be careful what you wish for because you might just get it...

Joe Reilly

Single-Sixer
I really like elaborate well thought our practical jokes. Not mean ones, just funny ones. Let's hear some you have pulled on others or had pulled on you.

This is one of my favorites.
My friend Bob falls for a lot of my jokes. A few years ago just before Christmas I went to a local supermarket and bought a Pork Butt Roast for my friend Bob. I took it home, photographed the label and photoshopped it.
View attachment 34337

I then printed a new sticky label and placed it over the original one. I wrapped it in Christmas paper and left it on his porch with a note to keep it refrigerated until opening on Christmas morning.

On Christmas afternoon I called him and asked,
"Did you like your present?
He replied, "That is a little weird, but I'll give it a try. Betty (his wife) thought it was a little strange."
Me-"She was okay with it?"
Bob-"Just thought it a little strange"
Me.- "It is a good thing you have a very understanding wife."
Bob-"Why does she need to be understanding?"
Me- "Well, most wives would be upset if their husband's friend bought him a piece of ass for Christmas."

I could hear her burst out laughing in the background, Bob just called me rude names and hung up the phone.
Actually, that's not a bad price.

How did I do?😎

Years ago, there was one involving some deer hide and a dead(from other causes) cow. The pranked individual darned near had a heart attack so we didn't try that again.

I think my favorite one I did was when I was in a good in a buddies wedding. Along with a few thinks line Limburger cheese on the intake manifold of their car, I wired the cars horns to his brake circuit. Push the brake and the horn went off as long as the brake was held down.

Years ago my best friend had a little to much to drink one afternoon and ran out the road and hit a tree on the way home. Some years later they were widening the road and took out the tree he hit which still had a big scar on it, of course I got a saw and cut a slab off with the scar and gave it to him for his birthday. Maybe I went too far but then again what are friends for, right ?

Then there was the time my SIL fell asleep with her "bedside assistant" on and woke up the next morning with dead batteries, so naturally a couple days later on Christmas morning she had a package of batteries gift wrapped under the tree, she was red as a beet and nobody could figure out what what the batteries were for and what my wife and I were laughing so hard about.

contender

Ruger Guru
I think I've shared this here before.

Many, many years ago,, myself, and a two brothers went fishing. The white bass were running, and we had a great spot. But,, it was springtime,, and we all carried a .22 handgun of some sort. I was carrying a bull barreled MK I. Right off the bat,, I caught a bass, and slipped him on a stringer, and stuck the metal pointed end into the shore at the waterline.
For the next hour of so,, Jim, Bobby & I fished hard. Nary another fish was caught. Yet,, we could easily see the males pushing the females into the shallows & such. All around us. We were getting a bit disappointed,, so I made a comment about how "If they don't start biting,, I'm gonna start shooting them!"
To which Bobby started a bit of banter directed at me,, saying he didn't think I could hit one. Jim, just watched & smiled. After a little bit of picking at me,, I decided I'd prove my wonderful shooting ability,, and would shoot one. Bobby said; "BS,, I'll be you can't hit one. In fact,, there's one right here in the shallows, Come shoot it!"
Challenge accepted. I slipped over near him, and he pointed out a fish,, and sure enough it was in the shallows. Out came the MKI,, and with a careful aim,, I squeezed one off. That fish rolled over,, hit in the head,, and I quickly went to grab it, before it flopped & floundered away. With a big smirk,,I grabbed it,, and out it came,, stringer & all. I had shot my own fish.

He got me.

We still laugh about it.

We were at a Mexican Restaurant with the 12 & 10 YO Granddaughters. They served some pretty hot Salsa with the chips. The 12 YO was just barley getting any Salsa on the chip. I told her she would put a lot of salsa on the chip it would not be so hot. Well she loaded that chip up and took a big bit. Her eyes went wide and teared up and she was going for the water.
That is when the 10 YO said "Ellie I don't think I would have fallen for that one. You know Gramps is a big teaser"

4896worker

Bearcat
Worked as a firefighter for 35 year practical jokes were common.

One of the best was had a young firefighter that thought it was his job to bed every girl he could . After trying to tell him the dangers of that . Had one of the other firefighters wife who was a police officer get one of her friends who was a sheriff deputy to serve paternity papers on him.
The look on his face when the deputy showed up was priceless. And us telling him what child support was going to cost him for the next 18 years . We keeped him on the hook for a couple of weeks

I think my favorite one I did was when I was in a good in a buddies wedding. Along with a few thinks line Limburger cheese on the intake manifold of their car, I wired the cars horns to his brake circuit. Push the brake and the horn went off as long as the brake was held down.
I too did the Limberger trick to a friend at the wedding. I was chastised for it later.

contender

Ruger Guru
4896worker,, that one reminded me of the time I got my (then) girlfriend's brother pretty good. He was a handsome guy, and a lot of the girls chased him. So he had several one-night encounters. Well, I found a greeting card and left it for him, with female writing on it.

The envelope just had his name on it,, no return info.
The cover of this care said; "This card is guaranteed to scare the he** out of you!" When he opened the card, it just simply said; "I'm pregnant, guess who?" Kept him going a bit.

Another one I am proud of was a little on the mean side.
When I was on the USS Kalamazoo we had an Engineering Officer who was a real SOB. Had to micro manage everybody about everything, nobody could do anything right in his book unless he directly supervised it. His stateroom was located just below the helicopter maintenance shop. I was the senior IC man onboard, one of the things I was responsible for was the telephone system. In noisy areas where you might not hear a regular telephone ring we would install a relay connected to an Aah-0oogh (not sure of the spelling) horn that would go off when the phone rang. There was a 2' x 3' ventilation exhaust vent running through the overheard of his stateroom. I had access to a void space next door. I ran a phone line into the void space, opened an access cover into the vent and installed an Aah-Ooogh horn inside of the vent duct. We had a 24/7 watch-stander in the IC room and it became the mid-watch's responsibility to call that number at least twice every night and let it ring at least 3-4 times. He was still there when I transferred so I don't know if they kept doing it after I left.

I hears him complaining to the officer in charge of the helicopter detachment that his guys never answer their phone at night. The maintenance shop was not manned at night.

edm1

Single-Sixer
Once I took a paperclip and put it in the photocopier and made 50 copies. So there was a white sheet of paper with a picture of a paperclip on it. Then I loaded them in the feed tray. Everytime the secretary made a photocopy it had a picture of a paperclip on it. She spent all morning looking in the machine for that darn paperclip.

BearBiologist

Buckeye
I had two drill sergeants who were "players". I was detailed as an OJT clerk, along with a buddy who worked the training/mail room. One morning Drill Sergeant "Smith" told me he was waiting for a call from "Cecilia", I arranged for my buddy to call in on another line when the DS was present (At lunch when the Orderly Room was empty). He called and I answered as usual (STC, Private V......, Sir!). and looked at him and said "Yes, he is, Ma'am. Is this Celicia? Or, I am so sorry Mrs. Smith!" The DS grabbed the phone, I ran into the mail room, my buddy started laughing, and we locked ourselves in the XO's office. Every night that DS has Charge of Quarters duty for six months, he would send the runner down to get me up, get me dressed, and report to the Orderly Room in order to type an entry:
(blank) AM. Bed Check. Present" and then send me back to bed (this was 3-4x a night!).

One time, a practical joke could have had a bad result:
The other clerk had just returned from "The Nam" (after serving with Airmobile!). Talking, we found out he had attended a rival high school, was the same age as me, our wives knew each other (had attended a third rival school) and he had I had pledged the same fraternity! Well, he had some of those little splinters that you inserted into cigarettes that would explode when the cigarette burned down to them. Well, he inserted one into a cigarette of mine and re-inserted the smoke into my pack. The CO was trying to quit but would bum a smoke from me. I was away from the desk and he took one without telling me. He came out and told me that if I didn't want him to bum smokes, I should just tell him!! Evidently, Top was aware of what happened and him and my buddy burst out laughing, I was looking like a deer in the headlights!!!! Everybody had a good laugh, but the XO did issue an order of no more practical jokes!

Aqualung

Blackhawk
This one went 2 ways...a sort of failed attempt to get me, but I turned it back around.

The setup:
  1. During hunting seasons, I would set up a game camera down by the sandmound for our hunting camp.
  2. Over the back of one of the couches at camp, we have a big throw blanket with a big picture of a big buck on it.
The failed attempt:
My cousin took this blanket down in the dark and tried waving it in front of the camera to simulate a big buck in front of the camera. It was very windy...

When we checked the camera footage, we saw this:
Phantom Matador.jpg

It failed because he didn't realize that the IR camera wouldn't pick up the image on the blanket, so it came off as some goofball waving a blanket...

The Payback:
Earlier that week, we got a shot of a 5-6 point buck in what I remembered to be a perfect pose...so I did a little photoshopping. I emailed a copy of the pic to his wife and said, "You won't believe what's going on after I went to bed. Bob somehow got hold of a bunch of beer and thought he was some hillbilly matador or something..."
WTH1.jpg

It's been almost 10 years and we still laugh about it...

Aqualung

I worked one place where we had a rat and thief who would also short call and stick the guy he was supposed to be relieving. He called one night 5 minutes before the end of my shift and stuck me on the midnight shift going into my days off. I had plans with my family for a trip that was leaving at 6am and I was stuck until 7am so we missed the trip and lost our money that we had paid. I talked to the jerk about it and his response was less than cordial shall we say....

I thought about it and came up with a plan that was deviously mean. I got a cheap bright red lipstick from a Dollar General and a pair of panties that I suitably "aged" with a scent that got the proper attention.

When he was showering from the ballgame that he played before work I grabbed his dirty shorts and rubbed the lipstick in the fly of them. I then stuck the scented panties partially under the back seat of his car.

When I came back to work after my days off he came in with a black eye and scratches on his face and bruises everywhere. I guess his wife found his shorts with the lipstick in the fly and the panties under the seat and went off on him in grand style!

He tried to blame me and had the bosses talk to me about it. I professed innocence and stuck to my story. He finally got caught doing something and was transferred to a different facility but I still had another chance to stick it to him.

He was taking a civil service test at the same time that I was and I finished 1st in the room. I took my test up to the monitor and handed it in... I then said loudly enough for everyone in the room to hear.... "Hey bonehead, find any more lipstick and panties where they shouldn't be"? I flustered the guy so badly that he failed the test and I got the top score in the area. Poetic justice was served!

MaxMan

Single-Sixer
Work in an office with a paging system one of the girls athe customer service desk took a large dead roach and taped it to the inside of the telephone receiver. Dial the paging extension, held the receiver roach down said to her partner it's for you. A screen went out over the whole office.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Years ago I had a supervisor who was illiterate. When he would write out a work order it could be an adventure to decipher it.

The 1st one said..... Cut 4" pip to 6" sekshins git many as u can from pip"... which I believe was supposed to say.... Cut 4 inch pipe into 6 foot sections and get as many as you can from each length of pipe.... I called him at home to ask what he wanted me to do and he said do it exactly as written. I got the work order notarized and cut it into 6 inch pieces.... When I got to work the next day he had fire coming out of his eyes and when I showed him the notarized work order he just turned and walked away because he knew that I bested him.
Kinda reminded me of the famous and hilarious "Stonehenge" scene in This Is Spinal Tap. ;) :LOL:

Watertender. Most places I worked you showed up at least a half hour early for relief. Nothing written, just common courtesy. There was always one who would show up right at shift change but scream about not being relieved early. The same sort would usually call in short and stick someone with at least an extra 4 to 6 hours (and that's if a relief could be found). There was little supervision could do as it wasn't technically wrong. They were usually educated at a local watering hole we'd frequent after shift. I don't recall it ever requiring more than a single "training" session.

As to thieves, they were dealt with immediately and pretty much all resigned after being "educated" about stealing.

I suppose today about the best you could expect is a stern talking to from HR. And that would be to the person complaining or the victim of the theft.

My best practical joke I pulled on one of my best friends. We were hunting and I spotted some lion tracks. They were running along the ridge we were traveling. After a bit I told him about the tracks and spun a tale about how the big cats sometimes will just decide to follow someone. Sometimes for hours or even days. I then mentioned that the cat racks were right on top of his. Of course I was showing him the area we had just covered. He was nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof all the way back to the truck. I finally couldn't keep it in any longer and burst out laughing and telling him what I'd done. Oh, the guns were put away by then.:rolleyes: