ejector rusty

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
i have a p95 thats been put up for a while, when i got it out the other day i noticed the ejector was rusted in several spots. i cleaned and oiled it when i got it in december along with my other p95 which i started using right afterwards but sold recently cause of financial trouble. when i got my other p95 out it was still oiled good but the ejector has got several spots of rust i can feel with my fingers, how can i get it off?, and will it hurt anything? since i'll be using it now as my carry gun it will be oiled regular. i use barricade as my oil. thanks for any help.

Al James

Hunter
0000 steel wool along with your barricade or similar oil. Small circles with the wool until its gone. Depending on how deep it is it will come off. Did you check your bore?

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
yes i checked everything after i saw the rust on the ejector, its the only thing rusted. i guess when i put it away in the safe i didn't put enough oil on it, i'm gonna have to get me something to keep my guns rustproof in my safe as i don't have time to take them out and clean them every week. thanks