Ejector Rod Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jmac

Bearcat
On my NV. Is it normal for the ejector rod "finger lever" to rub on the underside of the barrel when ejecting empty casings? Mine comes into contact about 1inch into the cycle and runs/rubs right along the words. If not normal How does one fix it? Or is it gunsmith time.
thanks Jamie

flatgate

Hawkeye
The simple fix is to reduce the size of the ejector button.
The "smart fix", IMHO, is to weld up the side of the rod that contacts
the slot in the ejector housing and "fit' it properly.

The easy fix is to simply put pressure on the ejector button in such a way
that it is pushed out and away from the barrel.

flatgate

jmac

Bearcat
flatgate":2ncfmntc said:
The simple fix is to reduce the size of the ejector button.
The "smart fix", IMHO, is to weld up the side of the rod that contacts
the slot in the ejector housing and "fit' it properly.

The easy fix is to simply put pressure on the ejector button in such a way
that it is pushed out and away from the barrel.

flatgate

So it is not normal for rubbing to occur. And should be addressed. I have access to a very good gunsmith and Ruger happens to be his favorite brand of gun to work on and own.
thanks Jamie

Boxhead

Blackhawk
I have had to file away some metal on 2 of my NM Ruger's buttons for that very reason. For me, the ultimate solution is one of Dave Clements ejector rods as they are designed to not let the contact happen.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
My own preference has been to install the crescent head ejector rod with the cam-cut ejector rod housing. Bigger ejector rod head gives a better grip, and the cam cut housing swings the rod head away from the barrel.

Looks nicer, too.

And, its steel.

Bob Wright

jmac

Bearcat
Well long story short. Ruger fixed most of the problems with my gun but sent it back with more tool marks on the surface than before they had it.
Another long story short. They sent me a new replacement gun that is for lack of a better word, PERFECT!! No tool marks, no ejector button rubbing the barrel, all the parts fit together like they are supposed to, even did a "trigger job" on it just because.

Gun shoots about 1 to 1.5" high from bullseye. Don't care b/c with me standing at 15 yards you can cover up the holes on the target with a silver dollar!!
thank you Ruger for putting the wind back in my sails!! This will easily be the most beautiful gun I will ever own.
Jamie

Latest posts