Ejector housing cutting my fingers.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rodasj

Bearcat
Just bought a super single six and was excited to go shoot it. While at the range my Index finger started burning and hurting. I couldn't understnd why I had cut my finger until I started to eject my spent rounds. It seems that when I slide the ejector back the housing cuts my skin. Upon closer inspection I can see that the housing has really sharp edges. I mean it seems like they were deliberately sharpened. Any ideas on what I can do to solve the problem? I would love to get an ejector with a longer tab on it. Do they even make those? Thanks in advance.

Yep, those ejector rod housings are actually quite sharp in some cases.

If you have a stainless steel gun, you could remove those sharp edges with a couple of strokes of a file or even some emery paper.

If you have a blue gun, you can do the same, but then you'll have to touch up the finish.

I think there are after-market ejector rods with larger buttons, but I have no details.

I just try to avoid the edges on my guns.

yessir, with 'use' the rod button rubbing against the edges of the housing 'slot' can and will "hone" it to a razors edge..........
best to remove it and deburr this edge, and yes, if you want, look for a larger button 'style' of ejector.............or learn to push up or down on the button, as you slide it, so as to NOT "rub " along the slot edge....this works