EC9S or G3c?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
I sold my G2c that was a good pistol because my nephew needed a good gun, didn't have much money and it had proved itself, and am going to get something else. Since I have several Ruger guns already I am thinking EC9S but the Taurus G3c is in the same price range. Which would you choose?, I know Ruger wins with service but the EC9S has only one mag and the Taurus 3. I have had good luck with Taurus I have also had good luck with Ruger. I am leaning toward Ruger at this time if extra mags are available to purchase at time of purchase. But the service I had with my old G2c which was 4 years and just under 2000 rounds of flawless service has me thinking Taurus again. Just need a little nudge in a direction. Thanks for any help.

hittman

Staff member
I'd go Taurus over the Ruger but prefer the Glock 43 to either.

HoosierBilly1

Bearcat
I still have the original LC9, and I also have a Taurus Millenium G2. Those are pretty much the same models you named. You cannot go wrong with either of those. The LC9 carries better because its lighter and thinner. If weight is an issue, then go with the EC9s, especially considering that the G3C loaded will make a difference in weigh, but you are used to it already. If capacity is your thing, then it's a no brainer to go with the G3C. Recoil is similar, but with an advantage to the G3C

9x19

Hunter
Another vote for the G3c. Mine hasn't given me a moments trouble and sight options are varied and inexpensive.

Vq1WTP2.jpg

I have the EC9s and it's handy. That being said I've been so impressed with the Taurus G series guns I have a few of each, including the G2c, G3c, GX4, G3, G3x, etc. I've had no issues. It seems to me that Taurus improved the trigger on the G3c to some extent, but being striker fired guns they are what they are. I do prefer the mag capacity, 12 + 1 and having 3 mags. Mine have been extremely reliable. I carry mine OWB in a Simply Rugged holster.

Last edited:

harley08

Blackhawk
I sold my G2c that was a good pistol because my nephew needed a good gun, didn't have much money and it had proved itself, and am going to get something else. Since I have several Ruger guns already I am thinking EC9S but the Taurus G3c is in the same price range. Which would you choose?, I know Ruger wins with service but the EC9S has only one mag and the Taurus 3. I have had good luck with Taurus I have also had good luck with Ruger. I am leaning toward Ruger at this time if extra mags are available to purchase at time of purchase. But the service I had with my old G2c which was 4 years and just under 2000 rounds of flawless service has me thinking Taurus again. Just need a little nudge in a direction. Thanks for any help.
I love my Ruger EC9S - (Ruger sells a holster for it) Ruger has fantastic service also. Made in the USA!

I carry a G2C which I feel is adequate and trustworthy. If I was closer to a Big R store, I'd own another G2C since it's simply unbeatable at the current $175 after rebate price.
Someone please explain the difference between the G2C and G3C. Is it just the grip length since both are listed as having same barrel length.

HoosierBilly1

Bearcat
I carry a G2C which I feel is adequate and trustworthy. If I was closer to a Big R store, I'd own another G2C since it's simply unbeatable at the current $175 after rebate price.
Someone please explain the difference between the G2C and G3C. Is it just the grip length since both are listed as having same barrel length.
I believe that the difference is that the G3C has Glock sights while the G2C has the Taurus sight that came with the original Taurus Millenium. All else is the same.

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
I've owned my EC9s for about 3 years now. No malfunctions, carries well in a pocket holster. I tried Speer shotshells, figuring I would have to hand feed them. That little Ruger feeds shotshells just like hardball!

I bought extra mags from Brownells.

Mike J

Hunter
Three is a Taurus GX4. That is about the only polymer Taurus semi-auto I might be interested in. It is more of a double stack micro 9 from what I understand & is supposed to have a better trigger than their other polymer offerings. I have no experience with the G2C or G3C. I did have a Millenium Pro PT-111 G2. I got rid of it because I didn't like the trigger & the finish. For all I know the G2C & G3C might have improved though.

mac66

Single-Sixer
A little late to the party but I've been EDCing a LC9 and then an LC9 pro for about 6 years.

I bought a G2c during a flash sale last fall. I liked it so much I bought a G3c on sale with a rebate a couple months ago. The trigger and sights are a bit different on the 3c (better) than on the 2c but they use the same mags. I pretty much EDC the 3c now because of the extra mag capacity.

The G3c (center) with the LC9s pro (top) and LC9 (bottom) all with belt clips. The 3c has a 4" G3 bbl from Taurus ($50 shipped)

And my EDC 3c

So yeah, I'm a big Ruger LC9 fan and the EC9 is a great choice but the 3c is such a bargain and fights way above it's price range. I don't think the OP could go wrong with either.

My G2c and G3c

Last edited:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
I went and handled both and decided on the G3c, I have put nearly 200 rounds through it and it has run flawless and the trigger is really good. The G3c just felt more solid, however customer service I know at Taurus can be spotty, some have had good and some bad and Ruger is well y'all know they are about the best in service. I am now saving however for a Ruger, once I have saved I will see what the selection will be available then. thanks.