EC9S or G3c?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
Thought I would post again on reliabilty, I now have just south of 2000 rounds through my G3c and not one malfunction at all. It has been perfect using 5 or 6 different brands of ammo, no steel, only brass cased. I own Ruger guns too and have had trouble with them but in every instance the parts were sent or gun back in my hands within 10 days. I know Taurus can't compete with Ruger on customer service but for me I haven't had to use Taurus.

For every negative remarks about Taurus, I've seen double the remarks about Ruger. I'm a Ruger guy, but I don't measure quality by an individual incident. Many people complain about Taurus have no recent experience with them or just read something on the internet, now they think they are an expert.
About a year ago I sold a guy a couple of Taurus semi autos, it was kind of a his and her guns situation. The guy called me and wasn't happy with them and would I take them back. I told him I'd never heard the issues he was complaining about, and that I would but I wanted to meet him to see what was going on, and I would bring ammo. He never was willing to meet me. I said what you are describing sounds more like limp worsting. He indicated he had no idea what I was talking about. Anyway I agreed to buy them back. I went from there right to the range I put several through both guns without a single issue. I'm convinced that someone who didn't know what he was talking about, told him Taurus was no good.
Ignorance is rampant among gun people.
I was listening to Tom Gresham from Gun Talk and mentioned that they were doing tests on several guns. He specifically remarked how impressed he was with the Taurus series, saying it's not the same company. I'm not here to defend Taurus, I'm here to point out ignorance. There have been toothed same number of negative comments about the LC9/EC9 as positive ones. But hopefully people are educated enough not to throw out Ruger because of people who didn't like a specific model.