eBay wants your bank info...ah...NO!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jon406

Bearcat
The yellow light went on with Ebay selling for me years ago... transactions are slow, and now with the new I want your bank information the red light burst on the scene.... as in STOP selling on Ebay.

XP100

Blackhawk
Problem between Gunbroker and ebay is a lot more people buy on ebay and many times they get in bidding wars and an item goes for a lot more on ebay. I use my ebay savings account for sales deposits and then transfer the payments to my checking account and I don't miss the (big bucks) interest the savings account pays, 1/4 of 1 percent.

Joe Chartreuse

Single-Sixer
I'm a bit confused. I buy things on E-bay and still use Paypal. Last time was a few days ago. Are you saying that I can pay with Paypal, but if I sell ( never have on E-bay, hence, the question) on Ebay it won't go through Paypal? If I am buying with it, then someone is selling with it. Now you understand why I am confused.

redhawker

Buckeye
I'm a bit confused. I buy things on E-bay and still use Paypal. Last time was a few days ago. Are you saying that I can pay with Paypal, but if I sell ( never have on E-bay, hence, the question) on Ebay it won't go through Paypal? If I am buying with it, then someone is selling with it. Now you understand why I am confused.
I share your confusion on that. When I first got the email wanting my bank info I figured it was a scam but I signed on to my account (the usual way, not through the emailed link) and there was the notice to provide the bank info. It's really sad what eBay has become. I practically restored a '54 GMC pickup buying parts from 28 states and Canada for it through eBay. It would not have been possible without eBay. Sadly, I think it would be impossible WITH eBay now.

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
The solution was stated above. Get a separate account with only a few bucks in it and give that one to ebay. I don't like it, but it ain't the end of the world. For me, the benefits of finding the odd stuff I look for, far outweighs the negative. YMMV

davevabch

Single-Sixer
Best Buy has a similar program to Pay bills. I went to use it and could not believe they wanted my User Name and also Password for my bank account. My bank said to basically tell BEST BUY to shove it.

tazbigdog

Single-Sixer
I used Craigslist, if it’s not banned, NextDoor, same thing, OfferUp, and used to use FB Market, if it wasn’t banned. Also use forums.

Deleted my FB account, so left with the others.