Early Percussion's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BigJ71

Single-Sixer
Here are a few pics of some early percussion guns.

Thanks for looking!!

1st up is an mid 1800's Allen and Thurber pepper box pistol, this is a six barreled revolver where the entire barrel assembly rotates.
It's complete with tools, bullet mold, powder horn, ram rod and even some bullets tucked away in that compartment on the right along with the key to the lock on built into the box.

PepperBox2.jpg

Next up is another pepper box pistol, same age (mid 1800's). This is also a Allen and Thurber but this pistol was sold under the name J.G. Bolen. This was a retailer in New York City back in the 1800's and they would market and sell the pistols. This is also a complete set with presentation box and is adorned with sterling silver grips but I especially like the advertisement on the lid of the box. I like the "For housekeepers, travelers, captains and others" slogan.

PepperBox1.jpg

pepperboxLid1.jpg

pepperboxLid.jpg

Next up is a mid to late 1800's Allen and Wheelock side hammer pistol. (it's actually not a percussion pistol but I put it in here anyway) This is a very small revolver and has an engraved cylinder like the Colt Navy pistol.

AllenWheelockPistol.jpg

This gives you an idea of how small it is...

AllenWheelockPistol1.jpg

This is the Colt model 1851 Navy, it's all original, fully functional (all my guns are) with all numbers matching and carved ivory grips.

ColtNavy.jpg

Switching to a couple long guns, this is a Springfield model 1863 type II rifle. These were produced from 1864-1865 (mine is 1864) and was the main battle rifle during the civil war and last of the percussion rifles, it's all original with bayonet

Remington18644.jpg

Remington1864.jpg

Remington18643.jpg

Remington18642.jpg

Here is an original 1770's Tower flintlock. It's difficult to put an exact date on these rifles but I've narrowed it down to the late 1700's in or around the Revolutionary war.

TowerFlintlock.jpg

TowerFlintlock4.jpg

TowerFlintlock2.jpg

This is an Allen & Thurber mid 1800's side by side pistol. One pull of the trigger shoots one barrel and another pull shoots the other. Whichever hammer is cocked first is the one that falls with the first pull of the trigger.

AllenThurberDouble.jpg

Here are a couple of 1830's brass pocket pistols, both are English made and you don't see these too often. The little single barrel would most likely be found in a ladies purse or stocking. The double is a mans pocket pistol.

BrassPistol2.jpg

BrassPistol3.jpg

BrassPistol1.jpg

This gives you an idea of how small they are. The hammers, triggers and trigger guards are steel, the rest is brass and wood

BrassPistol4.jpg