Early number 1 scope base spec.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

trapperon

Blackhawk
Wondering if a 1969 no. 1 shipped as a plain standard taper26 inch barrel would use current bases offered by ruger for a 1V?
It is a much longer distance between drilled holes for bases than current 1V models.
Any info is appreciated for other base suggestions as well

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
More information (and/or pictures) of your rifle is needed before a reliable answer can be given.
What weight barrel does it have, A (light), B(medium)?
What exactly is the distance between the scope base holes, how many sets of holes are there and how far apart are they from each other?
Does it have a semi-beavertail fore-end or an Alex Henry fore-end?

If it is truly D&T for target scope bases (7+" apart), you'll need the long -discontinued Ruger target scope bases or equivalent. The current 1V bases meant for mounting modern scopes at the shorter separation distance will not work.

Buehler, Conetrol and one or two others made bases for the early 1V years ago that use the two rear scope base holes only and allow the use of modern (shorter) scopes. In my experience, they work fine, but rarely come up for sale.
EGW is currently making a picatinny base for the No.1, but I'm not sure if they have one for the 1V hole spacing.

trapperon

Blackhawk
Think you answered my question. 2 sets of holes probably 6 or 7 inches apart. 26 inch medium weight barrel and beavertail forend.
Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like it needs the long discontinued ruger target bases.

Latest posts