Early Bisley revolvers; ejector housings made from steeel?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Onty

Single-Sixer
Early blue Bisley revolvers (357, 41, 44, 45), with fluted cylinder; are ejector housings made from steel?

I know that later blue models with rolled markings on cylinders are made from aluminum, but would like to know is the same with early ones.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
In 2009 Steel ejector rod housings introduced on SBHs, BHs, and Bisleys.

Late production original large frame Vaqueros and Vaq Bisleys began using them and it was carried over to the New Vaqueros in 2005.

P89DC

Single-Sixer
My 1984 Bisley Super Blackhawk with fluted cylinder has an aluminum ejector housing.

Onty

Single-Sixer
P89DC said:
My 1984 Bisley Super Blackhawk with fluted cylinder has an aluminum ejector housing.
Thanks!

IMHO, aluminum ejector rod housing doesn't make sense. Different part from rest of revolvers in production, with additional cost to manufacture, stock and assembly. Saving on weight insignificant. On top of that, if surface finish gets damaged, almost impossible to fix it, unless you go to specialized shop for anodizing.

Contrary to blue Bisley, all stainless ones have steel ejector rod housing, and I never heard anybody complained about that.

Yeah, talking about non-fluted cylinder, I had 357 and 41 Bisley, have now 44, and when compared with SBH 5.5" SS and its fluted cylinder, I am for fluted cylinder on any revolver. BTW, that SBH 5.5" SS is now Bisley:

5fshz9Z.jpg

A nice wooden stocks are next to be installed.

Hondo44 said:
P89DC said:

That vintage would.

Did you buy it new? Because occasionally we find steel housings changed or robbed from guns that had them and replaced with alum.

Bob C always referred to such as "screwdriver variations". :wink:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1) said:
Hondo44 said:
P89DC said:

That vintage would.

Did you buy it new? Because occasionally we find steel housings changed or robbed from guns that had them and replaced with alum.

Bob C always referred to such as "screwdriver variations". :wink:

LOL