Early birthday present

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AlanJ65

Single-Sixer
Stopped into my LGS on my way home from work today just to see if he had any forearm grips in for my new SR556. He didn't but he did tempt me with a new stainless GSR. Somehow I managed to resist the temptation and put it away. But seeing as how my birthday is tomorrow I decided that I shouldn't walk out empty handed. So I started browsing his display cases. Not too many Rugers but he did have a nice Beretta 92FS as well as a CZ 75P-01 there. Asked to see the CZ and asked him about how it compares to the Beretta. He thought that the trigger was a bit better on the CZ. He also told me that someone I work with had just bought one and he really liked it compared to some others he had recently purchased there. Well, to make a long tedious story short I walked out with a new CZ 75 P-01. Not a Ruger, or even made in the USA for that matter, but it seems well made. Balances nice and it is a compactish gun. Gonna have to get to the range soon to run it through its paces. Like I said it is my birthday.

jamesray59

Bearcat
I would be proud to have either.
I myself would lean more toward the Beretta mainly because I have no experience with the CZ 75 P-01.
I have an Beretta 84FS cheetah and just love this little 380.
I have never had a ftf,fte and I have put many factory reloads through it.
In my near future I would love a full size beretta.

CZ 75 P-01 is a weapon I would love to own also.
I hope you are not like me and money plays a big part in what I buy and use.
Anyway IMO it was a win/win situation.

BTW---HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

AlanJ65

Single-Sixer
It was close but the CZ felt just a little bit better in my hand. I probably would have been equally happy with the Beretta but the only one he had was the display and he had an unopened CZ in the back.

TucsonDirt

Single-Sixer
Happy Birthday AlanJ!
Looking forward to pics of your birthday present!

I have a Beretta 92 (Inox/stainless) and it's one of my favorites.
However, a CZ 75-series gun is on my short list, looking forward to seeing how you like yours!

Al James

Hunter
Happy birthday! Coincidentally, it's also my mothers birthday. Sagittarius.

Anyways, good pick the P-01 is an excellent pistol. Pictures when you shoot it. Have a great bday!