Eagle Grips for an SP101. Not happy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tedwhite

Bearcat
I ordered a set of rosewood grips for my SP101 and paid for them on December 8th; they arrived today, January 21st, approximately 51 days later give or take a day or two (no good at sums; I was an English major). That's not what I'm complaining about, although it would seem that they would have a few sets finished and ready to go.

What got to me were two things:

1. Two weeks ago I called them and the man that answered said they would ship in a day or two and I'd probably have them Saturday or Monday. When I called yesterday he said they were shipped. This time he spoke the truth.

2. Although the are good looking and the fit and finish are quite acceptable, the beveled out section for a speed loader is not deep enough so speed loaders are useless.
Thinking my speed loader might be at fault, I went down to my LGS and tried several others. None would work.

Maybe I could learn how to use a speed strip? But then it's not a gun I would use in competition anyway. Just thought I'd give Forum members a heads up.

PM9

Bearcat
Over the years I have learned the value speed strips bring to the table. Flat in the pocket and the fastest way to top off a cylinder being at the top of the list.

How about a pic of your gun with the new wood.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
Eagle Grips does not keep any grips in stock they are made to order in India. Wait time can be up to 90 days.

tedwhite

Bearcat
No pics without photobucket. Took off the eagles and installed the original grips. No problem with speedloaders now.

I've had good luck with Eagle Grips. Have several sets. Here's a set on my Redhawk. Perhaps you should address your concerns with Eagle Grips and see if they will make it right. It will at least let them know there is a problem with their product.

32511612306_92fbe1eff2_z.jpg

32552655805_1cd1b6291f_z.jpg

32511611076_66746f78db_z.jpg