Dream come true

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Morgoth

Bearcat
I sold off several (!!) handguns over the weekend and put a deposit down on a revolver I've lusted after for a long time. One of Mr. Bowen's custom Redhawks...blued, 5" barrel, .50 AE 5 shot moonclipped with a fixed sight topstrap...it was worth both my Freedom Arms and one of my unfired Webley Mark VI's to own one of these.

1917_r1_c1.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
That's a beauty Morgoth ... but worth TWO Freedom Arms and ONE unfired Webley Mark VI ?? Not so sure about that ... just my opinion, of course. Glad you're happy with it !

REV

Morgoth

Bearcat
I know, I know :(

I've asked several times over the years to commission one but he's always been too behind to add another high time commitment project. He already had this one scheduled to be built so I figured it's now or never. Wish I didn't have to sell the others, but I can always replace factory Freedom Arms and I already have two other unfired Webleys so for me it was a good trade off to own one of only a dozen ever made. Out of all the custom revolvers I've ever seen, something about this one just speaks to me. I know people here understand the sentiment...my wife sure as hell doesnt' :)

Pinecone

Blackhawk
Morgoth, I'm wondering where you got those "unfired" Webley MK VI's! I own two very well worn MK VI's. One in the original .455 Webley and the other converted to .45 ACP. I have never even "seen" an as new unfired Webley MK VI!...........................Dick :wink:

Morgoth

Bearcat
Probably should have said "unissued" rather than unfired. They were from the Australian army based on the marking...picked them up in an estate sale. I guess they could have been rebuilt? Original .455 anyway.

Well worth every penny! Like you said, you can always get another FA but Hamilton doesn't do these guns everyday. He is almost done with one for me that we've been working on for almost 3 years since it is of similar "uniqueness" in its features. You only do one like this once so I say "Right ON! :D "

dougader

Hunter
That's a revolver that has a lot of class. I have drooled over the picture of that piece on Bowen's website/gallery for several years now.

When something speaks to you, it just does. Congrats on a gorgeous piece.

REP1954

Blackhawk
Wait a minute my dream came true for you. To bad you had to dump your FA's but they are more common than the Bowen you just got. Thats one beautiful firearm and I love the way he does the top strap. Congratulations on your purchase.

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Congrats on the fine pistol. I hope you carry it every minute you can and shoot the heck out of it.

Looking forward to that range report too!

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
I have one of Hamilton's 5-shot .45's. His guns are hard to beat. It is the most accurate of any gun I've owned. I'm sure you'll be happy with that new Bowen gun. You'll likely have it forever.
Sonnytoo

pawncop

Blackhawk
I am so glad you were able to acquire the revolver you have desired for so long.

Do let us know how it shoots.

I do often comment that the joy is in the quest. I hope your joy is in the acquisition as well.

Latest posts